Suggestions for 2 days in Bermuda

shamrox91

We're heading to Bermuda in 6 weeks and the only thing we definitely know that we want to do is a Jet Ski tour while we are there. We are docking at King's Wharf on Tuesday morning, so I thought it would probably be best to take the ferry to St George's as soon as we get there and do our sightseeing and then head to Hamilton. I was thinking that since we are leaving on Wednesday, that should be our beach and Jet Ski day but don't want to venture too far away from King's wharf since we will be leaving that afternoon.

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding this plan? Is St George and Hamilton in one day a possibility? I had read about 9 beaches and thought that might be a good idea for our beach & jet ski but wanted to know if there are any other options.

Thanks for your help.

We're heading to Bermuda in 6 weeks and the only thing we definitely know that we want to do is a Jet Ski tour while we are there. We are docking at King's Wharf on Tuesday morning, so I thought it would probably be best to take the ferry to St George's as soon as we get there and do our sightseeing and then head to Hamilton. I was thinking that since we are leaving on Wednesday, that should be our beach and Jet Ski day but don't want to venture too far away from King's wharf since we will be leaving that afternoon.

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding this plan? Is St George and Hamilton in one day a possibility? I had read about 9 beaches and thought that might be a good idea for our beach & jet ski but wanted to know if there are any other options.

Thanks for your help.

there isn't a jetski tour from 9 beaches. there's one that leaves from the beach at snorkel park in dockyard, and one from the white horse tavern in st georges and another near penno's wharf in st georges. whatever you do, don't book through the cruise ship, book n your own.

Hello bdaguy! I know this board is about cruising, but I have a land vacation question for you. From going to your island several times, I know that the locals will give the straight deal on it.. What the scuttle on 9 Beaches? Is the place pretty decent? I know that it's more for the "roughing it" type and that's ok with us. We go to Bermuda for the beaches. So any opinions on this I will welcome. Thanks!

daniels-head-village-500pix.jpg

Hello bdaguy! I know this board is about cruising, but I have a land vacation question for you. From going to your island several times, I know that the locals will give the straight deal on it.. What the scuttle on 9 Beaches? Is the place pretty decent? I know that it's more for the "roughing it" type and that's ok with us. We go to Bermuda for the beaches. So any opinions on this I will welcome. Thanks!

i hear and read so many conflicting reports about the place. the only way i can explain it is that it was a little too plain for the people who disliked it. that's another way of saying it might not have lived up to its advertising that particular week. on the other hand, most people i speak to really like it. same goes for the food. i was approached by a tourist couple in march asking me about a hotel. this poor couple had been up 2 nights straight at 9 beaches because it was really windy (march usually is) causing the canvas to slap loudly and constantly on the metal frame. that doesn't happen much in the summer. it's also right next to a dairy farm, so when the wind blows out of a certain direction, the air is filled with the aroma of cow exhaust. on the other hand it is at the west end of the island and you can watch the sun set into the ocean every evening. it has 9 beaches right there. two main beaches and seven smaller beaches all around the shore, many of them perfectly sized for two honeymooners. they also have what is arguably the best watersports facility on the island. best feature? the outdoor bar in the middle of the two main beaches. if you're adventurous, bring along some waterproof flashlights and do a night snorkel at daniel's island. lobsters are nocturnal and if you're lucky you'll see them out foraging.

there isn't a jetski tour from 9 beaches. there's one that leaves from the beach at snorkel park in dockyard, and one from the white horse tavern in st georges and another near penno's wharf in st georges. whatever you do, don't book through the cruise ship, book n your own.

Thanks for letting me know. We weren't going to book through the ship, so that is why I'm trying to find this out now before we go so it can be planned rather than not having any clue once we get there. So do you think it would be a better idea to do a jet ski tour on Tuesday when we are at St George and then do the rest of our sightseeing and then on Wednesday head over to Hamilton?

Thank you bdaguy! I, too, read reviews from folks and it seemed to me that they really didn't understand what they were booking. "Cow Exhaust", very polite way of putting it;) I'll just make sure we're "upwind" of it... We're looking at late September, early October to give it a try. The water will still be warm (at least to us) and as far a hurricanes go, if they happen and they don't chase us off the island, I love to see Mother Nature in action! I want to be safe, but there is nothing like watching an angry ocean:eek: Thanks again for your info....

Can you tell me how long it takes to get from Hamilton to Dockyard? Is it worth taking the trip?

Jan

By bus it's about an hour. By ferry, it's either 20 or 30 minutes, depending on which ferry you get. Check the schedules linked in the sticky post at the top of the Bermuda forum. The ferry schedule has departure and arrival times, and the bus routes have the approximate time listed for each route at the bottom of the particular page.

Theron

i would save the jetski outing for last and do it at dockyard, close to home

Thanks. How long do you think we will need in St George? To get from St George to Hamilton would it be better to take the ferry or the bus? I would like to have some beach time too. Would it be possible to spend some time on the beach in St George, do a little sightseeing then head back to the ship to get showered & changed and then head over to Hamilton at night? Are shops open at night?

Archived