Wheeled garment bag?

StellaRN

Thanks for the response. You each have one. I was thinking we could put our formal wear together in one. We have plenty other luggage. This is our first cruise. We usually do 2 weeks in Cancun in Jan and 2 weeks in Cabo in August. Don't need formal wear for those. We will be going to Alaska for land/cruise next July. 2 formal nights I think. So his tux and 2 gowns for me. Will he need a sport jacket also?

So 2 formal and 1 semi. So maybe we do need two garment bags. Or do you think it will all fit in one. We would still have other bags for everything else. Any problem having formal clothes pressed on board if they are wrinkled. I'm tall and I can't figure how well a gown will travel.

Depending on the cruise.. Our cruises are usually around 15 days so we usually take two.. 3 formal nights and lots of different outfits and shoes can fill a bag pretty quick and with the new 50 pound airline limit per bag, you do not want to overfill one bag. Our upcoming Alaska cruise will be our first 7 dayer so we plan on taking just one of the garment bags plus a carryon..

Almost any wheeled gament bag MUST be checked. A soft gb can usually be jammed in the overhead.

The Travel Pro Platinum is a great line but has been out a few years and is very heavy in the light of today's more stringent airline weight limits. There is a new Platinum line on the way. Other TP lines that have been recently updated are much lighter than the versions they replace. The wheeled garment bag is usually the heaviest (and most expensive) piece in the set. If you like Travel Pro, the Crew5 series has a similar bag and is lighter. The Crew gb also has an expandable front pocket that holds a lot of stuff and even includes and optional second garment carrier. You're looking at about $225-$250. Swiss Army is also a nice high-end line and very light.

Archived