Ship Shape Program

:confused: Has anyone participated in the Ship Shape program. Severl years ago my husband and I eaerned points for various activities and cashed them in for a tee shirt. Are they still doing this??? Linda

yes and yes :D

They are still doing this. However, with the Liberty they are rolling out a new program called Vitality. You can still earn the 'dollars' for activities, but also other health-related seminars, I believe. Also, there are items on the menus that are a part of the program so that you will have healthy options while on vacation.

I think the plan is to roll this out to all ships eventually.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/ourCompany/pressCenter/pressReleases/info.do;jsessionid=0000V_5U9WFpK3Rh_zgrwjzjj1y:12hbiocus?prDate=07-23-2007&prCode=A

Ship Shape program is alive and well. Were on the Splendour and did many activities to get ship shape dollars -- walk a mile, exercise by the pool, ballroom dance lessons, line dance lessons, other activities. Sometimes they gave us 2-3 dollars apiece!! The t-shirts went for 18 dollars I think it was. Only thing more than that was the navy RC backpack for 22 (not sure about that). Just 1 got you a key chain and in between those prices were a water bottle, towel, visor, can't remember anything else, all with RC logo.

thanks for the replies, looking forward t participating again. I especially like the morning mile walk. Some of the ship shape entreess in the dining room as I remember were not too bad. Sounds like some new activities since our last cruise. I also enjoyed the water aerobics, great exercise.:)

They are still doing this. However, with the Liberty they are rolling out a new program called Vitality. You can still earn the 'dollars' for activities, but also other health-related seminars, I believe. Also, there are items on the menus that are a part of the program so that you will have healthy options while on vacation.

I think the plan is to roll this out to all ships eventually.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/ourCompany/pressCenter/pressReleases/info.do;jsessionid=0000V_5U9WFpK3Rh_zgrwjzjj1y:12hbiocus?prDate=07-23-2007&prCode=A

Do you have to pay for the fitness classes? on NCL you do:(

Just FYI, the "prices" for the items vary by the length of the cruise. The longer cruises have the higher prices because you have more opportunities to earn the SS$$$. So if you have a long cruise booked followed by a short one, save those $$$ from the long cruise and cash them in on the short one. I got this tip from someone who was standing in line in front of me when we were cashing in our SS dollars.

I love the corny little activities that you can do for these dollars....like ring toss and baggo. You do not have to be a fitness freak to earn them! It's all fun! I like the Morning Stretch followed by the Walk a Mile.

The Shipshape program always cracks me up. My wife is an avid exercise nut who works out 1-2 hours a day (bike, elliptical, weights) but she doesn't get one Shipshape dollar for her gruelling workouts. Meanwhile, my 6-year old and 8-year old kids play in a couple table tennis tournaments, toss a few water balloons, etc. and come away from the cruise with cool water bottles! :confused: :D

I say if you can log at least 45 min/day on the gym's LifeFitness or other cardio machines, RCI should give you a backpack! Now, that would be getting people "shipshape"! :)

Archived