Favorite NCL Cruise Directors

DJSteve

• 3 weeks later...

Julie Valeriote was on the Jewel on 11/18-23.

I was working out one morning next to one of the Cruise Director's staff and he told me that Paul Baya gets the highest ratings in the fleet and therefore first choice of ships, and that the Jewel is "his ship" -- meaning he is the CD on the Jewel most of the time. Julie has the highest ratings for trans-Atlantic crossings so she takes over for those cruises which are during Paul's vacations, and for the adjacent cruises that make up the remainder of his vacation.

What I appreciated about Julie, among other things, was how she was careful to point out that her job should be called "Director of Entertainment" rather than "Cruise Director" because the former describes what she actually does and the latter suggests responsibilities she does not have. Her energy level was also amazing.

We too were on the Sea in 03 and LOVED Kevin..he's about the only cruise director I've ever remembered. Sorry to hear he's no longer with NCL...We asked several folks about him on our Jewel cruise last year and no one seemed to know...

Thanks for the info...great thread!

I am not good with former CD names either.

I remember Julie for 2 reasons: 1) Her name was "Julie" - making me think back to the old Love Boat TV show; and 2) She was soooo wonderful to my daughter on our last cruise. She actually got down on the floor with her to sing and play! That really impressed me with how busy she was. She seemed to be everywhere on the ship making sure people were having a good time.

I'm going on the Pearl in Feb. and sure hope I get one of the CDs that you all are raving about!

Archived