Favorite NCL Cruise Directors

DJSteve

My favourite CD was Soozy Atkins (resigned) and Linda Minnikin!

And my favourite cruise staff hostess was Lourdes (lovely Lourdes) on the SS Norway in 2000 and the Majesty in 2001 :D

There is a blast from the past. Linda was our CD on the Wind cruise that was affected by Hurricane Mitch. I don't know if it was the complete re-planning of that cruise because of the hurricane. But, we thought she was the absolute worst CD we had ever encountered.

She was still on the Wind the next year, when we boarded in Hawaii, and we thought... Uh Oh! But, she was absolutely delightful and quite engaging. We have since sailed with a third time aboard the Spirit and she is still very good at what she does.

Does anyone know if Kevin is still with NCL? I haven't heard anything about him recently. I seem to remember him demonstrating some of those "stripper" moves at one of the pool contests on the Sea -- showing the contestants how it should be done :D .

My favourite CD was Soozy Atkins (resigned) and Linda Minnikin!

And my favourite cruise staff hostess was Lourdes (lovely Lourdes) on the SS Norway in 2000 and the Majesty in 2001 :D

sorry have to disagree here. 2004 Wind W. Caribbean. my perception of her was that she wasn't as visible as i felt a CD should be...IMO.

• 4 weeks later...

Jimmy Kovel, hands down for us. But this is a hard question to guage. We have sailed mostly on the Dawn and the only other CD we had was Ricky Matthews and we did not enjoy him. If, like us, you sail from a home port, how much exposure have you had to many different CDs?

How do you people remember what the cruise directors name even was??
with rare exception I agree. the only one that really made an impression (after 20 plus cruises) was the CD on the Jewel crossing the northern Atlantic Sept 2005. We have had a few losers in our opinion as well: 1-the English Gal on the Sun about 18 moths ago: Another one on HAL last November and the guy, Ricky ? on the Star this past week.

Nita

Mr. Kerr has not been with NCL in two years. While he was great, I think we can count him as not being with NCL any longer.

Is Colin really gone? He was so funny he had me crying. Where did he go?I'm going on the Dawn summer of 08 and was hoping he would be there.

• 4 weeks later...
How do you people remember what the cruise directors name even was??

I'm afraid I don't remember any of the cruise directors' names . . . I'm really bad with names. Does anyone know who the first CD of the Spirit was? I really liked him . . .

Archived