Partially obstructed view

So when booking a cruise on the Majesty of the Seas for our honeymoon, we opted for the 8th deck which said it would have a partially obstructed view. I am just wondering what this "partially obstructed view" means? My fiance wanted to be high up for whatever reason, and it cost a little less, and since this is my first cruise and have nothing to compare it to, I am sure it won't bother me. Just wondering what it means. Thanks!

So when booking a cruise on the Majesty of the Seas for our honeymoon, we opted for the 8th deck which said it would have a partially obstructed view. I am just wondering what this "partially obstructed view" means? My fiance wanted to be high up for whatever reason, and it cost a little less, and since this is my first cruise and have nothing to compare it to, I am sure it won't bother me. Just wondering what it means. Thanks!

These are pictures from an 8th floor obstructed view on Sovereign of the Seas. I think they would be very similar to the Majesty of the Seas. The life boats hang from the deck above and they are what obstruct the view.

attachment.php?attachmentid=28864&d=1158726746

attachment.php?attachmentid=28863&d=1158726632

Since you won't have a balcony anyway, I wouldn't worry about the "obstruction". A windowed cabin is really just for natural light, anyway. The view out of the windows isn't "all that" in the 1st place. You will still get natural light into your window.

IMHO these are the best deals on the ship. It has an obstructed view, but like the previous poster said, without a balcony all you need is the natural light. It is also very conveniently located on the ship. Only a few decks below the pool, and only a few decks above dining room. I always book deck 8 OV cabins.

Cabin 8072 on the Majesty.

I have not had the chance to thank you PRC, but thank you, thank you, thank you for those pics. I did a search and had found them previously.

Im in 8572 which you said has the same view in less than a month.

IMHO these are the best deals on the ship. It has an obstructed view, but like the previous poster said, without a balcony all you need is the natural light. It is also very conveniently located on the ship. Only a few decks below the pool, and only a few decks above dining room. I always book deck 8 OV cabins.

I couldnt agree more. I have heard RCI recently made these category "I" and the port holes on decks 2 and 3 a higher category and now folks are complaining again who dont want to be upgraded to a port hole. I sure wouldnt....shhh. If folks keep fussing they will downgrade those port holes again and we wouldnt have such a bargain on the category I with the large windows, on a nice high deck. Im pleased as punch to get one. In fact Im doing a B2B and couldnt get a category I on the 2nd leg, the 3 day. I had to settle for changing cabins.

Thanks so much for all the responses! I was having a hard time trying to figure out what this meant. As long as I can still see out some, I don't care if the bottom of a life boat is there or not. Actually, it might be even more comforting to see that they are right there, haha.

We always get the Deck 8 OV rooms on the Sovereign. Like everyone says, it is more for the light than anything. We love the location on the ship, we are right by the elevators, and close to both upper/lower stuff so can walk the steps more than taking the elevators. The obstructed view doesn't bother me a bit, we have exactly the same room this year as we had last year.

Archived