First time cruising RCI, any tips?

ck93

Hi, this is our first cruise with RCI! We have sailed twice with our children on the Disney Wonder.

This will be my husband's and I first cruise alone... a 7 night Eastern Caribbean on the Serenade!:)

The one difference I do know is that soda is not free! But the rest... I'm clueless!

TIA!

Biggest Tip - ENJOY - do as much or little as you want. Serenade is a gorgeous ship, lots of glass and glass elevators on the outside of the ship. There is lots to do, but really just relax and enjoy each other.

One thing we try to always do is go to Quest - can't tell you much or it would spoil it, but it is absolutely hilarious and you can either participate or just watch. We have done it both ways and had a blast both times.

On Serenade our favorite bar is the bar right between Chops and Portofinos. YOu go through the "hull" of the ship to get there, smells like mesquite wood, and just a great little bar with a piano. We went there almost every night for drinks before dinner.

If you are a gym person (like me), the gym is really nice with great Lifefitness equipment.

Again, we are pretty lazy, so never do any of the ships activities. For one thing, we are off the ship the minute we can be so that we maximize the island time. Days we are on the ship, I lay at the pool and relax.

You Compass with list all the days activities. If you are the type to want to do those things, pick a few and do them, but don't try to fit in everything or you will exhaust yourself

The pool party one night is a blast, try to make that. And even if you don't want to eat it, try to at least go down and take pictures of the Gala Buffet the last formal night. Pictures start at around 11:30 pm and it is absolutely gorgeous. It always amazes me that they can set something so beautiful up in such a short amount of time

Enjoy!

the bar Karena1 is describing is called the Schooner bar. It was our favorite hangout also. I just got off the Serenade 3 weeks ago and it is a beautiful ship.

Click on the link in my signature for pictures.

the bar Karena1 is describing is called the Schooner bar. It was our favorite hangout also. I just got off the Serenade 3 weeks ago and it is a beautiful ship.

Click on the link in my signature for pictures.

I thought it was Schooner's but wasn't sure. We loved it there also. Best bar on the ship. What is the bar behind Schooner's where Quest was held? I can't remember - it is where the pool tables are.

Archived