Liberty - 615 dinner seating...which dining room?

Paleochick

My docs say we have the second dinner seating (615pm) on the Liberty. Do you happen to know which dining room that will be in? Thanks.

It is definitely not the aft dining room! Aft is the 1st and 3rd.. so you are mid ship.. a bit less roll during dinner!

The Silver Olympian (aft) dining room has the 5:45 and 8:00 seatings. The Golden Olympain (midships) dining room has the 6:15 and 8:30 seatings. Barbara, I'm not sure if they've changed 8:30 to 8:15, but it sounds like you're in the Golden Olympian dining room. The menus in both are the same, and the decor is similar - one in gold, one in silver. The aft dining room is larger and has windows on three sides, while the midships dining room has windows on two sides. Later at night there probably isn't much of a view, so windows wouldn't matter much to me.

I am sorry to ask this on your post, but here I go, I have 8:15 dinner, where will I be , other that on the ship in the water:eek:

You will be in the same dining room as the 6;15 diner.. the mid ship dining room I think it is the Golden..

I am sorry to ask this on your post, but here I go, I have 8:15 dinner, where will I be , other that on the ship in the water:eek:

I looked at the reservation wrong, it is 8 pm.

Thanks Kathy, did you roll around back there?

I did notice more movement in the aft dining room than I've experienced in the midships dining room on Victory, but not enough to bother me. It was most noticeable when we were in the dining room while leaving port - you could feel the stern thrusters at work. And if you're already at sea by the time you're at dinner, it's not a factor - once we left port, there was hardly any motion.

We had requested the 6:15 dinner time and our reservation came back saying "Second Dinner Seating". Well naturally I thought the first one was 5:45 and the 3rd and 4th were the 8PM and 8:30PM. I thought we ended up with what we wanted. I felt we got what we had asked for since we had booked so far in advance. When we got our Sail and Sign card it said 8:00 PM. THAT is the Second Dinner Seaing, we were told. The First Dinner Seating is for 5:45 and 6:15 and both of those were booked up. We were finally able to get a table for 2 at 5:45 which worked out fine, but don't let yourself be fooled into thinking that the "Second Dinner Seating" is the 6:15 one. :eek:

We had requested the 6:15 dinner time and our reservation came back saying "Second Dinner Seating". Well naturally I thought the first one was 5:45 and the 3rd and 4th were the 8PM and 8:30PM. I thought we ended up with what we wanted. I felt we got what we had asked for since we had booked so far in advance. When we got our Sail and Sign card it said 8:00 PM. THAT is the Second Dinner Seaing, we were told. The First Dinner Seating is for 5:45 and 6:15 and both of those were booked up. We were finally able to get a table for 2 at 5:45 which worked out fine, but don't let yourself be fooled into thinking that the "Second Dinner Seating" is the 6:15 one. :eek:

good point:D

I did notice more movement in the aft dining room than I've experienced in the midships dining room on Victory, but not enough to bother me. It was most noticeable when we were in the dining room while leaving port - you could feel the stern thrusters at work. And if you're already at sea by the time you're at dinner, it's not a factor - once we left port, there was hardly any motion.

We took our meclyzine.. and never had a problem in the Silver but you nailed it .. especially when dinner took place as we left port.. by dessert we were usually in a semi empty dining room>LOL

I call it the ships tail WAGS....

Less of this in the Golden which we ate in twice.. But I felt that the aft dining room felt more spacious and had more large tables.. the other dining room always felt a bit more closed in..

My cruise docs say, "Second Dinner Seating - 615pm." I think we're safe.

Hey, Pugs, what is "loving life on the liberty", we ( a group of 20 ) are actually on that cruise.

I am the group leader of a cruise critic group, Liberty 26,2008. come chat with us we have a forum in member cruises Liberty 26/2008 and on the roll call board and here on the carnival board under Loving Life on the Liberty 7/26/2008. We really have a good price and OBC, also. for those that have not already bood, for those that have come chat with us anyway.

• 2 years later...

Archived