Does Princess Tend To Over Book?

CALMOM

I was curious if Princess tends to over book their cruises. I have noticed on several post that people get offers to down-grade or switch date for a very generous OBCfrom Princess but I don;t notice it very much with the other cruise lines.. I have a friend who is sailing with me on 9/3 Island NB Alaska and she has a Mini-Suite Balcony, she has had 2 offers to down grade to an outside cabin with obstructed view. Although, the OBC offer is very generous, she really wants a balcony for this cruise especially since it is Alaska.

So my question is, have they over booked or is there someone who really wants a Mini-Suite Balcony? How many offers will they make before they give up?

Yes, they overbook. Every cruise, because they know there will be cancellations and they want each cabin to be occupied. SO they offer incentives until that balance is reached. They will continue to make offers until they get enough people to take them up on it. Some people cruise free, with onboard credit.

Yes, they overbook. Every cruise, because they know there will be cancellations and they want each cabin to be occupied. SO they offer incentives until that balance is reached. They will continue to make offers until they get enough people to take them up on it. Some people cruise free, with onboard credit.

Thank you for your reply. I must say they are very generous offers, maybe my phone will ring:D

I received an offer last year. I did not read the email until after our cruise since we flew down the day before. Others on the ship had said they had been offered an incentive to change.

We had an inside cabin. I think the offer was to receive half our cruise fare as an onboard credit and an upgrade to a balcony cabin if we postponed our cruise until March.

Calmom

Lets see if your friend gets another phone call tomorrow prior to them leaving and lets see how much more they offer your friend.

I am wondering if Princess holds rooms (like the worst rooms that cannot be booked) just for this situation?

Archived