OMG We are booked

coffee39

I am doing the happy dance....we are finally booked for our first ever cruise/tour. I have never seen a ship up close never mind been on one. I am sooooo excited. :D

We will be flying to Anchorage on July 1 and doing a 5 day land tour then boarding the Sapphire Princess for a 7 day cruise back to Vancouver. We are booked into E728. Hope to hear from others on the same trip.

Congratulations on your booking. E728 on the Sapphire is a fabulous cabin (we had E731 on the Diamond). If you haven't already done so make sure to have your Travel Agent mark your booking "NO UPGRADE".

I am doing the happy dance....we are finally booked for our first ever cruise/tour. I have never seen a ship up close never mind been on one. I am sooooo excited. :D

We will be flying to Anchorage on July 1 and doing a 5 day land tour then boarding the Sapphire Princess for a 7 day cruise back to Vancouver. We are booked into E728. Hope to hear from others on the same trip.

You will loved the Sapphire.....great ship.......join your roll call.....:)

Congratulations on your booking. E728 on the Sapphire is a fabulous cabin (we had E731 on the Diamond). If you haven't already done so make sure to have your Travel Agent mark your booking "NO UPGRADE".

Would an upgrade be a bad thing?

An upgrade is not a bad thing, as long as you will be happy with any cabin and location you are given. Sometimes an upgrade will get you to the next category but maybe not a location you like. Take a look at the deck plans, check out locations of possible upgrades, and if you are really happy with your current cabin, then mark it as "no upgrade". You are going to have a great time. Hope you enjoy your first as much as we did. Enjoy:D

I know how you are feeling. My husband and I went on our first ever last year and had not seen any ships up close until we went to Vancouver for the weekend and that did it for us! We booked soon afterward.

We had E723 on Princess Star and just LOVED it. We loved the covered balcony and the location on the ship! We had no idea which location was good or bad so we really lucked out. I did know that we wanted a covered balcony and that deck had them, we had a mini suite, I am assuming yours it too? How fun, lots of room for clothes, etc...

We also did the anytime dining(it was a must for us) and found it just perfect for us. The whole cruise was perfect, except for my concusion I suffered while on a tubing exursion in Jamaica(long story, won't do that again!)

Have fun fellow Western Canadians!

Congratulations! You've got a huge balcony with E728 and a great itinerary to enjoy it fully!

You might want to pack some earplugs though if you're a light sleeper as there is some sound from Club Fusion above you occasionally. Despite that, it's a lovely cabin and a great way to start your cruising career!

Have a great trip!

Rob

I have never seen a ship up close never mind been on one. I am sooooo excited. :D

You think you're saying OMG now, just wait until you see the ship--it's awesome :D :D :D :D Congratulations and have a wonderful time. Don't be suprised if you become a cruise junkie:D

Would an upgrade be a bad thing?

coffee39. . .not only do you have a covered mini suite, which is great in Alaska where you may want to be out of the elements, but you have one of the coveted extended balconies. If you got an upgrade it would be highly unlikely that it would be to a full suite. The mini suites are all the same in all locations. The difference is the balconies. There are higher categories of mini suites with smaller uncovered balconies. I would have my TA mark this one NO UPGRADE.

There is tons of great info on the Alaska board of this site. Might be helpful for excursion info. Alaska is beautiful! We are going on our second Alaska cruise in September. Last time we went in July and loved it. My DH wore shorts the whole time! Have fun!

I know how you are feeling. My husband and I went on our first ever last year and had not seen any ships up close until we went to Vancouver for the weekend and that did it for us! We booked soon afterward.

We had E723 on Princess Star and just LOVED it. We loved the covered balcony and the location on the ship! We had no idea which location was good or bad so we really lucked out. I did know that we wanted a covered balcony and that deck had them, we had a mini suite, I am assuming yours it too? How fun, lots of room for clothes, etc...

We also did the anytime dining(it was a must for us) and found it just perfect for us. The whole cruise was perfect, except for my concusion I suffered while on a tubing exursion in Jamaica(long story, won't do that again!)

Have fun fellow Western Canadians!

Our first cruise was a mini-suite on the Caribbean Princess, but the ones on the Dolphin deck with the exposed balconies. It was really nice, but the minis on Emerald deck sound so much better. I understand that some or all of the minis on Emerald deck accommodate 4 people? Would it be terribly uncomfortable? Would we be stepping over each other?

Archived