Miami Marathon in January and the cruise port

LoraJ

I just found out that the Miami Marathon is happening the day of our cruise. So I can imagine this will be a nightmare getting to the ship.

We're staying the night before and we're booked at the Holiday in at the port. I have no idea where it is in relation to the ships and how the marathon will affect us.

Anyone experience this before or have any tips?

We were planning on taking a taxi around 10:30am. But now I don't know what to do.

Here's a map of the course:

http://www.ingmiamimarathon.com/PDFs/2005INGMiamiMarathonCourseMap.pdf

It's going right past the port area..at least that's how it looks....the Holiday Inn is across from Bayside, near the causeway.........Hmmm.......I would think it may mess up traffic BUT on the bright side, Marathons usually start early...

Frankly, I would call the hotel direct and ask them....I would guess the marathon is an annual event so they could probably give you a good idea.....cabs would probably have to take a bit of a detour...

It's finishing at Bayfront park which is next to Bayside....

Normally it's probably 10 or 15 minutes or less to get to the port (figuring on normal cruise traffic) so it may take longer.....really I would call the HI and ask!

Thank you!

Will definitely call them. Just hoping I don't get a canned response that everything will be fine and not to panic but not address the reality of it all.

And of course I meant Holiday Inn. I shouldn't type so early.

Thank you!

Will definitely call them. Just hoping I don't get a canned response that everything will be fine and not to panic but not address the reality of it all.

And of course I meant Holiday Inn. I shouldn't type so early.

funny...i read it as Holiday Inn....heehee and I have an excuse, I am not even in the EDT time zone...one work, coffee!

Someone from MIA can probably be more specific but I blew up the map (got a little pixelated so it was fuzzy-but clear enough) and used my best powers of deduction to come up with that....plus I was down there recently and walked around the HI, Bayside, that park thing-so I am guessing it may be icky.

However, the marathon is probably not new so maybe they have a plan! hey, maybe you could email the organizers of the marathon too?? worth a shot.

Archived