NCL thank you and cat. upgrade

bermuda triangle

I just received a thank you from NCL and a free category upgrade on my next booking by a set date.

I am wondering who receives these thank you cards? People who have completed their first sailing? Or all cruisers?

Laura

I don't know. We got one, and we only have one sailing (although we've already booked our next).

Notice, though, that it only works on certain categories (Inside through Balcony) and that is a category upgrade (DD to CC) within those (you can't go from Inside to Oceanview).

Pete

I just received a thank you from NCL and a free category upgrade on my next booking by a set date.

I am wondering who receives these thank you cards? People who have completed their first sailing? Or all cruisers?

Laura

6 cruises later..no thank you cards

Maybe everyone who cruises during a certain period of time is getting them? Or on certain cruises?

It's certainly not first-timers vs. repeat cruisers. We had both first-timers and repeat cruisers on the last cruise, and both received the thank you cards.

We've received thank you cards with an upgrade cert, but the certificates we've gotten were only good with certain booking codes, and we've always been able to book a whole lot cheaper with other fare codes than with the certificates.

We received one that said an upgrade if we booked a cruise before Jan 88 which we had already booked ,so I called NCL & the agent said there were no upgrades available on that particular cruise!!! the card didn't say" only on certain cruises," so I am going to talk to them again about that , It seems to me if you have booked through an agency the NCL people are not helpful !!!

on NCL star there was something going on yesterday if you book an oceanview you get a free upgrade to a BB balcony ,,, for only like 550 per person thats insane!!!!! i was looking online and all the online websites for travel had the deal. certain dates but man,, you cant beat that.. i think its still going on, im going to check now

just an FYI

Other than Lattitudes magazine, I rarely get anything from NCL. I used to get email offers from NCL, but haven't had one in a very long time and never anything in the regular mail.

The thank you card sounds great -- it could be a test mailing for marketing purposes to see what the response is to it. At any rate, enjoy the upgrade!

TracyE

I traveled in May with a friend who had not sailed NCL before. About 6 weeks after returning she received the thank you card and a coupon for an upgrade.

About two months after our return, I received an upgrade coupon with Latitudes package that included the baggage tags and magnetic photo frame. This was for the upgrade to the next Latitudes level.

I traveled in May with a friend who had not sailed NCL before. About 6 weeks after returning she received the thank you card and a coupon for an upgrade.

About two months after our return, I received an upgrade coupon with Latitudes package that included the baggage tags and magnetic photo frame. This was for the upgrade to the next Latitudes level.

I received that also.

Really just a marketing program.

And, as others have said, these are almost always for upgrades WITHIN a category. OV to OV, Balcony to Balcony, etc.

There are usually much better promotions available on their home page. Right now they are offering an upgrade program up to 11 levels.

We received a thankyou also + upgrade Cert. The letter thanked us for reaching silver Lat. & upgrade certificate for our next Cruise. We also received NCL luggage tags, key fobs & fridge magnets. We are planning to go on the Jade in Feb. 08. from L.A. to Miami (through the Panama Canal).They told me to send the upgrade to them and they would upgrade us. We are now in a BC Bal. on the 9th. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for a mini suite!!!

Really just a marketing program.

And, as others have said, these are almost always for upgrades WITHIN a category. OV to OV, Balcony to Balcony, etc.

There are usually much better promotions available on their home page. Right now they are offering an upgrade program up to 11 levels.

yeah the one i saw was,, book an oceanview and you get a free upgrade to a BB balcony,, it was on the online travel websites.

that was a really good deal... i couldnt convince the hubby to go on the same ship for the 3rd time.. bummer for me...

but i hope other people take advantage of it ..

melissa

Archived