E docs! Ugh!

kazover40

Just printed out our e.docs for our next cruise! Does anyone feel deflated like me when receiving tickets this way!

It used to be part of the excitement of cruising. Having that padded envelope delivered with the plastic wallet and all the bumf to run through inside. No promotional coupons, nothing!

9 pages 3 of which is the Contract.

1 is a luggage label. Not the pretty different colured ones you used to get oh no an origami kit lol I didn't realise I would need to take a stapler with me "Staple Here". All well and good if you are going direct from your home to the ship, not so clever if you have stop overs!

Also it must be very confusing for the baggage handlers, having all the same colour for every deck and , area of the ship. It could have also stated "Please colour in "red", "blue" "green" etc. Saying that, the "whites" would then be disappointed as they had no colouring to do! lol

Ah well Progress!

I happened to color my tags in with a yellow highlighter, and then about a week before the cruise, I got all that stuff in the mail, with YELLOW luggage tags. Too bad I wasted all that paper and ink (and highlighter ink!) in the first place. Oh well, better safe than sorry!

I happened to color my tags in with a yellow highlighter, and then about a week before the cruise, I got all that stuff in the mail, with YELLOW luggage tags. Too bad I wasted all that paper and ink (and highlighter ink!) in the first place. Oh well, better safe than sorry!

Put yellow cover-stock paper in your printer when you print your e-tags.

You mean we DO get real tickets eventually! Oh and why yellow?

You mean we DO get real tickets eventually! Oh and why yellow?

We had 2 cabins booked (2 separate reservations) and I got tickets and tags in the mail for only one cabin. Don't know why, but I wasn't expecting to get anything by snail mail. Yellow, I have no idea why. I just figured I'd use a yellow highlighter on my "homemade" tags, figuring they'd be brighter. The ones in the mail just happen to be yellow, as well. :eek:

The luggage tag is supposed to be colored. If it only printed in black and white make sure that you have your printer set to print in color and reprint the tag page only.

If this doesn't work make sure to get new tags at the pier from the porter to make it easier for them to get your luggage to the right place.

As others have stated you are supposed to get a package in the mail with a shore excursion list, a booklet and your tags. Although it seems every one is not getting these.

I do not intend to print out the luggage tags.......I have never done so....

when W get to the ship, I show the baggage person my ticket showing my cabin and he puts the proper tags on then..... and that is all there is....sorry if you think I should do it different....but, thats what makes the world go 'round.................:rolleyes:

jus' me...jim....the velvet teddy bear...:cool:

I do not intend to print out the luggage tags.......I have never done so....

when W get to the ship, I show the baggage person my ticket showing my cabin and he puts the proper tags on then..... and that is all there is....sorry if you think I should do it different....but, thats what makes the world go 'round.................:rolleyes:

jus' me...jim....the velvet teddy bear...:cool:

I think that would be the the best way to go it your TA elects not to send out the Freestyle package with the normal luggage tags. My brother booked the Spirit two weeks ago direct with NCL. They got a package with luggage tags, tour book, and Welcome Aboard book this week. They also printed off the edocs to complete their documentation.

Just printed out our e.docs for our next cruise! Does anyone feel deflated like me when receiving tickets this way!

It used to be part of the excitement of cruising. Having that padded envelope delivered with the plastic wallet and all the bumf to run through inside. No promotional coupons, nothing!

9 pages 3 of which is the Contract.

1 is a luggage label. Not the pretty different colured ones you used to get oh no an origami kit lol I didn't realise I would need to take a stapler with me "Staple Here". All well and good if you are going direct from your home to the ship, not so clever if you have stop overs!

Also it must be very confusing for the baggage handlers, having all the same colour for every deck and , area of the ship. It could have also stated "Please colour in "red", "blue" "green" etc. Saying that, the "whites" would then be disappointed as they had no colouring to do! lol

Ah well Progress!

I do agree what a let down when I printed my edoc's

We booked through a TA and paid for a GTY cabin. Another friend booked on the same cruise within a day or so as we did (also booking a GTY cabin), but she booked through a different TA. We are sailing on 10/21 on the Gem.

Last week, she received all of her cruise documents in the mail, although (like us) she still hasn't gotten a cabin assignment.

My question is this... is this a TA issue, or is it an NCL issue? We haven't gotten anything yet. My TA was very attentive at the beginning of this process, but now I get terse email responses to my emails, and I'm starting to get annoyed. I don't know if she's supposed to send the package or if NCL is doing it.

Thank you!

I am for anything that keeps the cost down.

If you book in advance (not sure if it is 21 or 30 days), a pre cruise package is still sent to you that includes baggage tags, shore excursion booklet and welcome aboard booklet. You still print your actual E docs for your ticket/boarding pass.

If you don't receive the pre cruise documents for whatever reason, and don't want to pring your luggage tags, you can still pick them up at the pier. Iin the past when we have booked last minute and tickets were peier pick up, we would just pick our baggage tags up there, and we carried preprinted sticky address labels. It saves filling out the tag at the pier. Just slap a sticker on the tag and write in you cabin number.

My question is this... is this a TA issue' date=' or is it an NCL issue? We haven't gotten anything yet. My TA was very attentive at the beginning of this process, but now I get terse email responses to my emails, and I'm starting to get annoyed. I don't know if she's supposed to send the package or if NCL is doing it. Thank you![/quote']

Hopefully you have gone online and done the pre-registration. Sometimes you will see you cabin assigned there.

As to documents, as others have experienced,

You do not need e-docs

You do not need paper docs

You do not need luggage tags

Once you have done the online registration, just show up at the pier.

Really. Have done it before.

We booked through a TA and paid for a GTY cabin. Another friend booked on the same cruise within a day or so as we did (also booking a GTY cabin)' date=' but she booked through a different TA. We are sailing on 10/21 on the Gem.

Last week, she received all of her cruise documents in the mail, although (like us) she still hasn't gotten a cabin assignment.

My question is this... is this a TA issue, or is it an NCL issue? We haven't gotten anything yet. My TA was very attentive at the beginning of this process, but now I get terse email responses to my emails, and I'm starting to get annoyed. I don't know if she's supposed to send the package or if NCL is doing it.

Thank you![/quote']

It is optional for the TAs to send out the freestyle package. You could end up with just edocs. In reading the press release it is up to the TA to elect to take on the extra work. Keep in mind when paper docs were still an option many TAs elected to only use edocs saving time and money sorting and resending paper docs.

"In advance of the e-documents, travel partners or guests with paid reservations will receive a new pre-documentation Freestyle Cruising Kit in the mail approximately 75 to 21 days prior to their scheduled sailing. This kit includes a personalized welcome letter, NCL’s welcome aboard booklet that answers questions they may have prior to their cruise, a shore excursion order form and booklet, personalized luggage tags and travel protection plan details, if applicable."

A previous poster commented that I should have gone to NCL's website to do Advanced Registration. Since we didn't have a cabin assigned yet, I hadn't done so. In any event, I went in just now and it tells me the system is down and try again later.

And every time I try to find my reservation online and I log in, it says "Res. Validation. Category is no longer available." It's been saying that for almost 3 weeks now, and I called NCL 3 weeks ago to complain and the guy said, "We know about that and we're working on it."

Archived