Tables for two in crown princess main dining rooms?

Thea123

yes. we are just off the crown and ate at tables for two every night in Michelangelo.

Thanks so much this is helpful. Does anyone know if it is easier to get a table for two with personal choice dining or traditional formal seating? Thanks much for the help!

Thea

How about tables for two on the Sapphire? That is in traditional seating Restaurant. We have requested for 2 but on some ships there are so few.

This is first time on Sapphire. We usually end up in the line for the Maitre'd to get things sorted out, but not always successfully.

So why do people like a table for two. Why not branch out and meet people. :confused:

My feeling is:....I get to eat alone with my wife plenty of times........ But we both enjoy meeting new people. We even ask for a large table with other people when we go to the dining room for breakfast and lunch.

Even boring strangers are worth meeting and getting to know for an hour or so. ;)

I agree with those of you who like tables for two. I like interacting with people on the ship and on excursions, but also I want romantic time alone with my hubby! And the tables for two we had in the past offerred just that, so I'm spoiled I guess. Sounds like there are tables for two on the Crown Princess, but still wonder if I shlould ask for personal choice or formal seating to increase my odds. Any ideas? Thanks for the replies!

Thea

Why do people like those big tables? Why take a vacation with someone and then eat with other people. ???

My feeling is:....I can't eat alone with my husband enough........ We both enjoy meeting new people, but not on vacation. We even ask for a table for two when we go to the dining room for breakfast and lunch.

So why do people like a table for two. Why not branch out and meet people. :confused:

My feeling is:....I get to eat alone with my wife plenty of times........ But we both enjoy meeting new people. We even ask for a large table with other people when we go to the dining room for breakfast and lunch.

Even boring strangers are worth meeting and getting to know for an hour or so. ;)

That is so nice to have your attitude - my hat is off to you, sincerely!

We are in sales and land development and deal with tens upon tens of people on a weekly basis, sometimes as many as 30 or more a day along with our own employees, our subs, contractors, finance and factory reps, advertisers, and the list goes on and on, so when we get away on a vacation, it is often to get away from other people. May sound strange, may sound "mean", and we don't mind meeting people but don't care to put ourselves in a situation where we have to, such as face-to-face across a dining room table. A table for two for us on this cruise is something we are looking forward to.

To each his own. We prefer tables for only two and request them for all meals. Those who want to sit with other strangers are welcome to do so. We have had some bad experiences at the beginning of our cruising - some of those people who just "love" and always "request" to sit at big tables with others are usually the ones who hog the whole conversation not letting the quiet ones get a word in.

They blab on and on about their wonderful lives, their wonderful families, their wonderful homes and on and on ad infinitum... oblivious to anyone but themselves. They crave attention and this one sure way of getting it.

But, again - to each his own. Hopefully the tables they get all get along famously. The only thing we ask is that the conversation hogger will keep his or her voice down a bit - especially at dinner.

My biggest complaint with larger tables is the time it takes to eat a meal. It takes twice as long to eat with a larger group. I understand why...but I would rather spend my time doing other things. Unless we find someone we really like to hang out with. Does that make sense?

We sat at a table for two several nights on the CB. We choose personal choice dining, made a reservation for each night we wanted a table for two and never had to wait. I think that without a reservation you may have to wait for a table for two...and who wants to wait!

I don't know for sure, but I think a table for two will be harder to get in traditional dining.

Enjoy your cruise and your quiet dinners together!

Yes.

One night I was the only one in our party of 5 who went for dinner and they gave me a table for 2. Next to me were 2 other couples who had table for 2 each. Then another night me and my daughter went and again they had a table for 2 for us.

BTW we had freestyle dining.

Archived