Question About Wine Packages

MBeamTX

The wine packages are called "Wine and Dine" on Royal Caribbean's web site, which says they are available in the dining room and specialty restaurant. Does anyone know if you also can have all of the wine delivered to your stateroom, for a party?

Thanks in advance,

Susan

Susan,

Right next to the 'wine & dine' button on the RCCL web site is the "wine list' where you may order wine by the bottle for dinner OR in your stateroom. The 'package' is to provide a 'discount' on the per bottle price if you buy several bottles as a 'package'. See my post on this topic that is still current.

ENJOY!!

Susan,

Right next to the 'wine & dine' button on the RCCL web site is the "wine list' where you may order wine by the bottle for dinner OR in your stateroom. The 'package' is to provide a 'discount' on the per bottle price if you buy several bottles as a 'package'. See my post on this topic that is still current.

ENJOY!!

Thanks for the quick response. I did look at the separate wine list, but I was hoping to be able to purchase a package. That allows you to get 5 bottles of $30-$35 wine for $130 including gratuity. The mark-up is so outrageous on RCCL; the package deal makes it a tiny bit less so. :rolleyes:

Can I purchase the wine and dine package and choose my wine on the ship as I want it or must I specify which wines I want when I purchase the package? We will be taking our children and their spouses on a cruise and I really don't want to choose all the wine for the group. If I do have to choose it can we change our selections if we want to?

Thanks

Kmarie

You can choose your wine at dinner. We purchased the wine package as soon as we boarded (there was a table outside the windjammer...same with soda package). We picked the level and the number of bottles and that was it. Then at dinner we picked what we wanted to drink that night. It was very nice! Enjoy you cruise.

Jenn

Can I purchase the wine and dine package and choose my wine on the ship as I want it or must I specify which wines I want when I purchase the package? We will be taking our children and their spouses on a cruise and I really don't want to choose all the wine for the group. If I do have to choose it can we change our selections if we want to?

Thanks

Kmarie

Thanks

Kmarie

They offer gold, platinum, and diamond packages and each offers different numbers of bottles and types of wine. Your dining room staff will bring you a list for the package you picked and you can choose each bottle individually.

I just did a mock order online and it states delivery for dining room only. I could have sworn that I had read here on the boards of people ordering online for delivery to the cabin but maybe not.

You could wait to order onboard and ask at that time if it can be delivered to your cabin.

You are allowed to take bottles back to your cabin from the dining room so I guess if all else fails you could haul them all back from the dining room on the first night. Might need a friend or two depending on what size package your purchase. :D

ETA: I have also read of some having luck with ordering wine from their package through room service but that it has to be during the hours the dining room is open. So that might be another option.

There are two options (both probably frowned upon).

1) Try to bring a few bottles on board with you. Worst case is it will be confiscated but so far we've had no problem (just don't try to bring a whole case on board).

2) Contact Just Because Flowers http://justbecause.addictscay.com/ and see if they still deliver to the ship. For our March sailing on the Radiance, we had them deliver a nice bouquet and 5 bottles of wine. I've read somewhere that they might not be allowed to do this anymore but it's worth a call. If you talk to Shelly, tell her Rick and the Busters said hi!

We were on Mariner of the Seas two weeks ago. We had a wine and dine package. We tried to order a bottle from room service during dining room hours and were turned down. We ended up ordering two bottles at dinner and bringing one back to our cabin for the next day.

There are two options (both probably frowned upon).

1) Try to bring a few bottles on board with you. Worst case is it will be confiscated but so far we've had no problem (just don't try to bring a whole case on board).

2) Contact Just Because Flowers http://justbecause.addictscay.com/ and see if they still deliver to the ship. For our March sailing on the Radiance, we had them deliver a nice bouquet and 5 bottles of wine. I've read somewhere that they might not be allowed to do this anymore but it's worth a call. If you talk to Shelly, tell her Rick and the Busters said hi!

Just Because is not allowed to deliver alcohol to the ship anymore. We just asked them for our cruise this month from Vancouver.

Just Because is not allowed to deliver alcohol to the ship anymore. We just asked them for our cruise this month from Vancouver.

Could that be more to do with Canadian alcohol laws? If the cruise is leaving from Florida, I'd still try them... it can't hurt.

Could that be more to do with Canadian alcohol laws? If the cruise is leaving from Florida, I'd still try them... it can't hurt.

I asked him about NJ and Ft. Lauderdale for our upcoming cruises and understood they could not deliver to RCCL anymore. He was very unhappy about it. We used them last year and it was great.

I really think the 'basis' on this is 'YIELD MANAGEMENT'!! Sure, some folks have gotten drunk on too much booze - even jumped into the sea - on RCCL and other ships!! BUT....the ABSOLUTE ban on alcohol - even having a nice bottle of presonal preference wine for dinner is just not (IMHO) logical!

Archived