Pan American Pier to Old San Juan

makeup face

I would not try to venture over to OSJ from the Pan American pier. It is a taxi ride away and the traffic is quite busy. I had the same intentions when leaving on the AOS; but decided against it when I saw that it would take a while to get off the ship, hail a cab,get a cab again from Old SJ and get back in the traffic to and at the port and get back on the ship.

A lot of travel for a short time in Old San Juan. Decided to just peruse the liquor store in the terminal and relax on the ship before leaving port.

I would not try to venture over to OSJ from the Pan American pier. It is a taxi ride away and the traffic is quite busy. I had the same intentions when leaving on the AOS; but decided against it when I saw that it would take a while to get off the ship, hail a cab,get a cab again from Old SJ and get back in the traffic to and at the port and get back on the ship.

A lot of travel for a short time in Old San Juan. Decided to just peruse the liquor store in the terminal and relax on the ship before leaving port.

Ronn452...........I had no intention of walking to OSJ:eek: I already knew how far apart the two places are. I do plan to go to OSJ....after all the ship does not sail until 11:00pm....so I'm not concerned with time. I was just wondering if there was some "special" transportation between PA and OSJ:)

OSJ is EASY to travel to from the PanAm pier. Even with the "traffic" cabs can drop you off at the Sheraton and you can grab the free trolley bus. 10-15 minutes by cab either way, and tons of cabs are waiting to take anyone back.

If you're cheap, like I am, we took the bus both directions. It's about a 10 minute walk to the bus stop (across the street from the Sizzler restaurant at the corner of Calle Lindberg and Av. Juncos, underneath the bridge). The A9 will take you to the Covadonga bus terminal, 30 seconds walk from the trolley stop. Total price, both directions, $1.50, and takes about 10 minutes more than a cab.

Easy! Do it! It's such a waste to sit on the ship if you want to go visit OSJ!

Just remember most stores and the forts close at 5 on Sundays (assuming you're leaving on Sunday).

PS - edit to add: it helps to know some Spanish when you're taking the buses OR the cabs in SJ..

HI, could you tell me how you found out what pier you would be leaving from? We will be on the Crown 10-27 and I haven't been able to find out

Thanks

Yes....I called Princess last week....give them my info....asked if embarkation was schedule for Pier 4 or Pan American. Of course....I didn't like the answer :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You should be able to look on-line at your Princess booking information in the next couple of days when you can print out your boarding pass.....the pier info will be on it

OSJ is EASY to travel to from the PanAm pier. Even with the "traffic" cabs can drop you off at the Sheraton and you can grab the free trolley bus. 10-15 minutes by cab either way, and tons of cabs are waiting to take anyone back.

If you're cheap, like I am, we took the bus both directions. It's about a 10 minute walk to the bus stop (across the street from the Sizzler restaurant at the corner of Calle Lindberg and Av. Juncos, underneath the bridge). The A9 will take you to the Covadonga bus terminal, 30 seconds walk from the trolley stop. Total price, both directions, $1.50, and takes about 10 minutes more than a cab.

Easy! Do it! It's such a waste to sit on the ship if you want to go visit OSJ!

Just remember most stores and the forts close at 5 on Sundays (assuming you're leaving on Sunday).

PS - edit to add: it helps to know some Spanish when you're taking the buses OR the cabs in SJ..

See......this is the information I was looking for:D :D Thank you so much. I agree....I do not plan to sit on the ship while in port....no way!!

We are leaving on a Wednesday....do you know what time the stores close? I'll get me son to give me a quick spanish lesson....or tell him to stay by his phone on December 26th:D :D

HI, could you tell me how you found out what pier you would be leaving from? We will be on the Crown 10-27 and I haven't been able to find out

Thanks

When you print your boarding pass from the Princess website, it will say what pier in San Juan. Last year, they kept changing in back and forth. There was a notification on our personalizer in red of the change in pier. I just printed mine for early November, and it still says Pier4East.

Janet

See......this is the information I was looking for:D :D Thank you so much. I agree....I do not plan to sit on the ship while in port....no way!!

We are leaving on a Wednesday....do you know what time the stores close? I'll get me son to give me a quick spanish lesson....or tell him to stay by his phone on December 26th:D :D

Hmm, I dunno when they close on Wednesdays, but I bet it's late-ish (9 or 10 pm) - I've never been in town during the week.

As for the language, even phrasebook Spanish helps - some of the bus drivers we encountered didn't speak English, so using my pathetic mix of French and Spanish got us through!

Enjoy your cruise! San Juan is awesome!

I'm on the 10/27 Crown too and my boarding pass states Pier 4.

Are you trying to make me cry:)

I have about 36 days before I can print my boarding pass....so I'll see what it says then:rolleyes: Although I'll be on the Island Princess....don't know if that makes a difference or not as to what pier is used.

Archived