How to find out your GTY cabin before sailing?

cnvh

Hubby and I are booked on the 10/31/07 Noordam out of NYC... We booked a VF GTY, and seeing as how I have ZERO patience and no tolerance whatsoever for surprises, I of course want to know YESTERDAY what cabin we have been assigned to. :) I know I know, technically it can change right up until departure, but I would still love to know.

I assume one way of finding out is to fill out the online pre-registration where we give our CC info and such, but since we do not yet have our passports (applied for them back in May, SHOULD have them before sailing but that's another post!), I don't think we can do that pre-registration thing.

So, two questions:

1. What is the typical way of finding out your GTY cabin assignment before sailing?

2. Are there any alternative ways of finding out that DON'T involve that online pre-registration paperwork?

Thanks for any info... Now that we're sailing NEXT MONTH (albeit at the END of the month), I'm getting SOOOO excited...

We have booked a guarantee for our Nov 10 Noordam cruise. Our TA said that we would not find out any earlier than 3 weeks prior to sailing and sometimes it can change up to the day of sailing. So as they say patience is a virtue so be virtuous.

An alternative to the Immigration/Check-in form on the website is to book a shore excursion on-line---your cabin number will also appear there when it's assigned.

Problem with this method is that you're locked out of booking/changing shore excursions 10 days before sailing. If your cabin hasn't been assigned yet you can't use this method. :rolleyes:

I've gotten assignments as close as 9 days before sailing, and as far out as about three weeks.

Archived