Repositioning Cruise

drdaddy

Hello, all!

I think I know how to figure out where to go and on what line except for one thing. We live in the Ft. Lauderdale area so we used to have our pick. We have done trans-atlantic on Norway, Alaska, and most of the Caribbean.

Our 30th anniversary is next year, Labor Day. Does anyone know how to figure out if there are any Repo cruises? I can't figure out what to put in as a search. I thought I saw a Hawaii cruise that comes through the Canal to Ft. Lauderdale? Possible? Or Round trip Sand Diego to Hawaii?

Or, if anyone can suggest something else a little exotic. I know, the Med would be cool but foreign air travel intimidates us.

Thanks for your help.

You can visit RCCL and Carnival sites (as well as several private web pages) to check out repo cruises. They really do vary in the ports and number of days at sea and total number of days. I enjoy the variety of the repos and love sea days, so I am fine with them. Some people do not care for the larger number of sea days. Since you have done a crossing, you should be able to find a repo that is just what you want. Cruise Critic Home page has an article on repos this week.

Hello, all!

Our 30th anniversary is next year, Labor Day. Does anyone know how to figure out if there are any Repo cruises? I can't figure out what to put in as a search. I thought I saw a Hawaii cruise that comes through the Canal to Ft. Lauderdale? Possible? Or Round trip Sand Diego to Hawaii?

Thanks for your help.

Try a search for Panama canal, repositioning or transatlantic.

How about an Australian, New Zealand or south Pacific cruise for something different

I'd tell you about where to find a great search engine, but not tell you about which company offers it although they do advertise on CC but my post will get deleted. It seems even speaking of a company they helps CC pay the bills is not even allowed.

Some cruise websites' cruise search engines have 'repositioning' in the drop down box. Again, we can't give you the names of any that have it. Sorry.

Another thing is that repo cruises tend to have a loyal following and sometimes these cruises sell out quickly - and prices jump in a short amount of time. Example- we are sailing on the 15 night repositioning of the Norwegian Spirit NY to N.O. At one time our balcony cabin was 450% higher than what we paid. It is now about 250% higher. We booked this Nov07 cruise in Sept06. Others that booked in Aug06 got it for about $200 per person cheaper than us.....

Good luck in your search! We just love those types of cruises!

Kathy

:cool: There is a company that advertises on CC that has an outstanding search engine for cruises. This search engine has a repositioning cruise search feature. Although I can not tell you what site it is, even if they do advertise on CC, what I will say when I am looking to decide which cruise vacation to go on, the cruise search engine I can’t tell you about is the search engine I use.

RCI Mariner is relocating from Pt. Canaveral to California, and will be sailing all the way around S. America. They're breaking it down into 3 separate cruises, 15 days each.

Wish I could go!

I Also live in California, i am going on the new Carnival Spendor, it will be sailing from Ft Lauderdale thru South America, around the Horn, Thru Mexico and end up in San Francisco, i will have parked my car and i will just get off the ship and drive home.

Carnival is also doing the cruise in 3 legs, the whole trip is 49 days, i can not be gone that long so i am going on the last 18 day leg that starts in Chile.

You should look into it the price is GREAT!

Or, if anyone can suggest something else a little exotic. I know, the Med would be cool but foreign air travel intimidates us.

The Med is a natural for a big repo cruise. Can you say what's "intimidating" about foreign air travel? Maybe working that out is the best idea! :)

On Carnival web page good to Find A Cruise then click Special Voyages, for Royal Caribbean their web page Plan A Cruise, then Destinations, then Repositioning. You can get an idea there. There are . as someone said earlier, some great web pages but we cannot list them here on CC. Just use your search engine to find "Repositioning Cruises" for more help.

And I thought I KNEW how to do this stuff!

Thanks ALL.

Foreign air travel for me is a pain because we tend to overpack and since we live at THE major cruise port of the world, it hurts to fly both ways. Did that to Alaska and it was major hassles.

But I will certainly figure which vacation to go.;)

Thanks, again.

Archived