Mixed Messages re CC Party

CrabbyHarper

:confused:

It was my understanding that there would be no CC parties on the Azamara Journey. Our group, according to our roll call, would be numerous enough for a party - over 25 - and I am one who had signed up before the word that there would be no party. Now I got this e-mail message from Celebrity:

Thank you for your interest in Celebrity Cruises/Cruise Critic Connections on Azamara Journey departing Sep 08, 2007.

As you know, a minimum of 25 people must register for Celebrity Cruises/Cruise Critic Connections to enjoy an official onboard party.

Unfortunately, your party did not reach this minimum.

But remember, you can still connect with your new friends on board. Check the Cruise Critic message boards to continue exchanging tips and information—and make plans for your upcoming cruise.

Simply visit http://messages.cruisecritic.com.

So anyone have a clue - what gives?

Hi Everyone !

My understanding is that Azamara is not offering the Cruise Critic Connections onboard party at this point. They probably sent the email, as a reminder that there will be no Connections party on your sailing.

Hopefully, Azamara will offer the Connections onboard party in the future. We will have to wait and see.

Just got home from the Sept 1st sailing. They actually started the Cruise Connection Party on this cruise. We had about 20 in attendance. They did an excellent job. 10:00 Sunday morning. We had a good bit of the top crew members stop by. Not all received the notice. But i believe it is here to stay at this point. Will give a review in a couple days.

Just got home from the Sept 1st sailing. They actually started the Cruise Connection Party on this cruise. We had about 20 in attendance. They did an excellent job. 10:00 Sunday morning. We had a good bit of the top crew members stop by. Not all received the notice. But i believe it is here to stay at this point. Will give a review in a couple days.

Hi Firedog !

Glad to hear the news. I always hoped they would resume at some point, as they are quite popular. I am glad to hear they are happening once again. Let's hope it will be a regular feature now. Thanks for letting us know !

Appears from the post that no one knew that there would be a connection party prior to being on board. How was everyone notified? We are going on the 09/15/07 sailing and since we have assumed that we could not have an official party no one has pursued this. Would it be to late at this point?

Carol

Appears from the post that no one knew that there would be a connection party prior to being on board. How was everyone notified? We are going on the 09/15/07 sailing and since we have assumed that we could not have an official party no one has pursued this. Would it be to late at this point?

Carol

Based on prior experience, I don't think it would be too late for the 9/15 cruise. Post an urgent notice on your Roll Call, urging all those not previously signed up to do so now (provide them with some directions).

The ship will leave an invitation in your cabin/In Box, perhaps as early as your embarkation.

nlvc

Hi Firedog !

Glad to hear the news. I always hoped they would resume at some point, as they are quite popular. I am glad to hear they are happening once again. Let's hope it will be a regular feature now. Thanks for letting us know !

Problem is that the link for celebrity connections still does not list the Journey under ships. So how are we suppose to sign up in advance:confused::confused:

Problem is that the link for celebrity connections still does not list the Journey under ships. So how are we suppose to sign up in advance:confused::confused:

Hi Scaaty !

I just checked that.... and you still cannot register. I have no idea how people knew of a Connections Party if you cannot register in advance.

The only way I can think of, that passengers got an invite for this sailing, is that they registered several months ago. At that point, you could still register.

I have an email into my superiors about this. When I hear more, I will post it here.

Host Andy

You are right. We signed up for the CC party before it was taken off the system. We actually received email notification that we reached 25 and qualified for this party. Then cruisers started saying they could not register, cruisers coming back from the Journey said they stopped them,

Again i say, they just started them up again with our cruise. We received a letter in our stateroom inviting us to the get together that was very nice. The others that could not register did not get any notification.

Hopefully you can reach higher ups to let them know there is no way to register if they plan to make this permanent. Any more questions, just ask.

Hi Everyone !

For all that are sailing Journey over the next few weeks, I would ask to speak with the "Event Coordinator" at the Guest Relations Desk. This is the person that would know if the Cruise Critic party is scheduled or not.

If I find out any further details, I will post it here.

• Administrators

Hi there!

Thanks for the feedback. We'll check into this. We sat in a meeting with Celebrity execs back in June and they clearly said to us "No parties on Azamara". It would be wonderful if they changed their minds :D

Laura

Archived