final word needed: CP verandah on mini vs balcony cabin

KimmyinLA

Hello,

4_12_1.gif

I have been reading any/all posts regarding the balcony info on the CP. While I have learned that the Caribe deck balcs are the most desirable...I am still confused about balcony size.

My question is: which category between mini (aa, ab, ac) & balcony (ba, bb, bc) offers a larger balcony? (We don't have a preference between covered or uncovered...it's really about the size)

thank you

I would say you will not be able to tell the diff between a mini balcony and a Caribe balcony in size, they "eyeball" to look the same size -- at least almost. All A's are alike inside, as are all B's from BF to BA, BF being a worse location & BA being the best location midship. Same for A's.

Your question to yourself should be if you want a:

*mini suite (A class), which gives you a sitting area inside with an extra tv and a larger bathroom with a bath tub, and it usually costs more.

OR

*balcony rooms (B class) on the Caribe deck (only) have balconies approx the same size as a mini, but with a motel type room and a smaller bathroom with a shower only, and usually cost less.

Not knowing your finances or your preferences as to interior, we cannot make the decision. You'll have to take this info and decide for yourself. Some would never sail in less than a mini; for me a BB is just fine. Either way, you're on a cruise and it will be wonderful!! :D

And then there are the popular aft cabins, minis, BBs, and suites that also are said to have larger balconies. We have an aft BB for our upcoming Carib Princess cruise in Nov & feel lucky to have it.

I didn't mention the afts at first because if your cruise is near, you stand little chance of snagging one. They go quickly.

BTW, my answers come from my experience on the Grand P, and posts from this board re Carib P. Someone with first-hand experience my have corrections, but I've given you what I believe to be correct.

The real value in a minisuite lies in the additional sitting space and much more functional bathroom. Sometimes the cost difference is not all that great. The balconies on Caribe deck balcony cabins are comparable to the balconies you get with minisuites. Both have more than enough room for two.

Hey, since we have the balcony thing going here, has anyone stayed in or seen the balconies on the emerald deck that are facing aft and adjacent to the VS suites? Are they a good location? I know that they are above club fusion and the up and down ship movement, and the possible rumble of the engine/props at times, so, what I am asking is would you pick this over a mid ship aloha balacony? We have never had an aft facing balcony.

Thanks for the input

Archived