Qm2 #8062

Brancine

Hello, my husband and I booked a B6 guarantee for 1/13/08, and were just assigned #8062. It looks to be quite obstructed. We're debating if we should try to upgrade now, or hold out for an upgrade. Any advice would be welcomed. Thanks.

Hello, my husband and I booked a B6 guarantee for 1/13/08, and were just assigned #8062. It looks to be quite obstructed. We're debating if we should try to upgrade now, or hold out for an upgrade. Any advice would be welcomed. Thanks.

Actually if you booked a B6 guarantee, you already got an upgrade to a B5 which is what 8062 is on my deck plan. And yes, it is obstructed by the lifeboats which hang a bit away from your balcony. If you really don't want this kind of obstruction, I'd suggest you upgrade yourself...Cunard's upgrade fairy is very whimsical....many long time passengers have never had one.

I prefer to pick a specific cabin as opposed to a guarantee so I'll get just what I want, where I want to be...then I have my TA notify them that I won't accept an upgrade.

Do hope you'll enjoy her...she's a fabulous ship. And welcome to the Cunard forum...dont hesitate to ask questions....you'll get lots of help here.

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continues....

8062 is obstructed not by any old lifeboat, but by a tender. So, at least in Tortola, St Lucia, and St Thomas, you will have a view. Welcome aboard and let me join Betsy in urging you to join the Roll Call at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=541656

Paul

Actually if you booked a B6 guarantee, you already got an upgrade to a B5 which is what 8062 is on my deck plan. And yes, it is obstructed by the lifeboats which hang a bit away from your balcony. If you really don't want this kind of obstruction, I'd suggest you upgrade yourself...Cunard's upgrade fairy is very whimsical....many long time passengers have never had one.

I prefer to pick a specific cabin as opposed to a guarantee so I'll get just what I want, where I want to be...then I have my TA notify them that I won't accept an upgrade.

Do hope you'll enjoy her...she's a fabulous ship. And welcome to the Cunard forum...dont hesitate to ask questions....you'll get lots of help here.

EN6 5NF

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continues....

EN6 5NF

We were just in cabin 8059 and were partially obstructed by a tender. We could see right through its windows...no problem!

This is obviously a ridiculous question but I am wanting to know--could you have climbed into the tender from your balcony if you'd had a mind or a need to? :)

What a great idea! And I reckon the proper combination of red and black clothing would allow me to hide by the funnel until you arrived. ;)

Would you be wearing the true "Cunard Red" or the red they are using now? :D

I would request a cabin change. We had cabin 8062 a few years ago and you cannot see anything unless you stand on the deck chairs. There was a cabin about two doors away that had a less obstructed view because there was a jet boat not a big life boat.

I'll try and find my pictures and post them for you.

You could stowaway and join us :p

Watch out making offers like that. You'll end up with half the board stowing away in your cabin:D

What a great idea! And I reckon the proper combination of red and black clothing would allow me to hide by the funnel until you arrived. ;)

Doesn't work:( Penny tried it and they still spotted her.

Watch out making offers like that. You'll end up with half the board stowing away in your cabin:D

The more the merrier! We'll have a balcony and a large closet.

Better order more champagne!:p

I would request a cabin change. We had cabin 8062 a few years ago and you cannot see anything unless you stand on the deck chairs. There was a cabin about two doors away that had a less obstructed view because there was a jet boat not a big life boat.

I'll try and find my pictures and post them for you.

Thanks,after studying the deck plans I felt this was the case. If you could post some pictures it would be great. I'd love to see them.

Hi Angela,

We could have easily popped over the balcony railing outside our cabin, stepped down onto the catwalk, and then gone inside the tender through a window, had one been open. This thought occurred to us even before enjoying the infamous welcome aboard champagne!

Kathy

Would you be wearing the true "Cunard Red" or the red they are using now? :D

Well, since the funnel looked freshly painted, I'll stick with what they've got now. No sense fooling around when you've not exactly been invited. Low profile and all that. :D

Hi Angela,

We could have easily popped over the balcony railing outside our cabin, stepped down onto the catwalk, and then gone inside the tender through a window, had one been open. This thought occurred to us even before enjoying the infamous welcome aboard champagne!

Kathy

Ooooh! Cool!

Ahem. I can't believe you would suggest I might like to try such a thing. The horror. :D

(currently champagne free)

Doesn't work:( Penny tried it and they still spotted her.

That's because Penny likely used the proper Cunard Red and I am going to use whatever colour they've got freshly slapped on the funnel right now. I'm also evil and awful--Penny has to use an evil twin to be as bad as I.;)

I had an obstructed cabin on 8 but having the balcony was fine.

Mysteryfan

Archived