Ecstacy 1-21-08 YIPPEE!!!

okbookgirl

Well, I booked my dads birthday cruise today. He and I on the Ecstacy Jan 21. We even have our cabin...U154 (got a AAA rate that was only slightly more than a basic 6A guarentee). Early Dining (6:15, not sure about this 1.it may be too early and 2.the suit on formal night is out of the question but kakhis and polo he can probably do)

So now I just gotta go search the threads about the Ecstacy and the ports of call. Decide on excursions (thinking maya ruins in progesso), and figure out all the little bits of info needed to have a good time.

Anyone got any up to date need to know info on this ship/cruise/port..

Anyway just needed to share, I'm pretty excited this a first for both of us. No one else in the families would cruise so we decided to just go on our own.

thanks,

bookgirl

I'll be sailing on the Ecstasy for the 8th time on January 31st! Please keep things in order!

You'll love the easy maneuverability of the Ecstasy. She's an older ship, but kept very clean and the crew is fantastic!

You'll be sailing with Captain Scala...the best Captain in the fleet! Look for him all over the ship. He hosts a Q&A session in the lounge one day, and a Cigars under the Stars night.

Have a wonderful time!

Well darn, I seem to have picked the week before stircrazy and parrothead are going on the Ecstasy.....but Im the next sailing after yours.

Im going 1/26/08. Only two of us on our roll call lol. Seems so far to not be a popular date.

Arent you excited?? Cant wait myself. Congrats.

I'll be sailing on the Ecstasy for the 8th time on January 31st! Please keep things in order!

You'll love the easy maneuverability of the Ecstasy. She's an older ship, but kept very clean and the crew is fantastic!

You'll be sailing with Captain Scala...the best Captain in the fleet! Look for him all over the ship. He hosts a Q&A session in the lounge one day, and a Cigars under the Stars night.

Have a wonderful time!

:D Yeah I'll remember that.....note to self.....replace the chandelier after swinging on it at the captains talk. Check.

Well darn, I seem to have picked the week before stircrazy and parrothead are going on the Ecstasy.....but Im the next sailing after yours.

Im going 1/26/08. Only two of us on our roll call lol. Seems so far to not be a popular date.

Arent you excited?? Cant wait myself. Congrats.

Very excited, I've never cruised (been to Mexico a couple of times, but just crossing the border for a day trip), and this will be the furthest (?) out of the country that I've ever been.

Very excited, I've never cruised (been to Mexico a couple of times, but just crossing the border for a day trip), and this will be the furthest (?) out of the country that I've ever been.

We just started cruising too, last Oct was our first cruise and we choose Ecstasy too. We were not sure about if my sister or I would get sea sick so didnt want a 7 day cruise.

Next January will be our 2nd time on Ecstasy....bon voyage....you will love it. Im so happy and excited for you. We were so excited before our Ecstasy we couldnt sleep the night before we left.

okbookgirl;

We are booked on the same cruise. I have been wondering if there was going to be anyone else on the ship. We did the Fantasy in 96, and the Glory this last Feb. We are totally hooked. There will be my DW,DD & SIL going also.

We have been booked since April. It is still really cheap right now, but not filling up fast. Hope to chat about the cruise.

Gary

okbookgirl;

We are booked on the same cruise. I have been wondering if there was going to be anyone else on the ship. We did the Fantasy in 96, and the Glory this last Feb. We are totally hooked. There will be my DW,DD & SIL going also.

We have been booked since April. It is still really cheap right now, but not filling up fast. Hope to chat about the cruise.

Gary

Sounds good. My TA said that she expects that ship to become real popular. RC is supposed to be pulling out of the Galveston Port, although my dad said that they haven't been sailing out of there long. So who knows. I do know that there are only about a dozen catagory 6 cabins left on the U deck. She's taken a ship at that time and says it's beautiful weather. Can't wait.

bookgirl

Archived