Lap swimming on Radiance?

Is there a pool on Radiance that can accommodate lap swimming? I'm not looking for Olympic length but just decent length with enough depth.

Thanks,

Michelle

I am going on the Radiance in November. Based on the photos I have seen, there is not pool of a sizable length. Your best bet will probably be the Solarium pool. Even that is relatively small.

When are you cruising, any chance you are on our cruise - November 24th.

Good luck and Happy Cruising.

Dave

Thanks for the quick responses. I had a feeling they may be small but if it is straight across I can likely get some laps in. On the pictures it was hard to tell if they were just more like dipping pools. I had forgotten about the salt water. After I try it I may not want to do it with salt water. I don't think I've ever had a salt water pool on a ship before.

Dave, were on the Oct. 21st cruise round trip to Hawaii so lots on at sea days to enjoy the amenities of the ship.

Cheers!

Michelle

Dave, I'll pass your message along! Thanks for your support!;)

The salt water is a shock the first time. I never realized how much water I took in until then.:eek: But at least I know I won't sink.

Another thought: I have heard that the Solarium pool has a resistance feature that lets you swim in place, but that you have to pledge your first born or something equally drastic to get them to turn it on - it's not like Princess (which has freshwater pools) where you just press a button. As you can see from my signature, I'll be on Radiance next week (next week), so I'll let you know what I find out.

Another thought: I have heard that the Solarium pool has a resistance feature that lets you swim in place, but that you have to pledge your first born or something equally drastic to get them to turn it on - it's not like Princess (which has freshwater pools) where you just press a button. As you can see from my signature, I'll be on Radiance next week (next week), so I'll let you know what I find out.

Please let me know also. We have been on the Radiance three times, and I haver seen or heard of such a feature. The Solarium is one of my favorite spots. We never use the regular pool.

Would you mind finding out the cost for the thermal suite day pass? Do I get to use it for free if I buy a treatment?

Also thanks for finding out about the current machine. I've used the one on Princess and it works well if you can find a time where the kids aren't playing in it (even though I think the spa pool is supposed to be adults only).

Is there a place on-board to get fruit smoothies?

Any chance you can scan and e-mail the daily activity sheets? I've never done a RC cruise. I like activities like water aerobics. Are they free on RC?

I think I'm hijacking my own thread. :D

Thanks!

Michelle

Would you mind finding out the cost for the thermal suite day pass? Do I get to use it for free if I buy a treatment?

Also thanks for finding out about the current machine. I've used the one on Princess and it works well if you can find a time where the kids aren't playing in it (even though I think the spa pool is supposed to be adults only).

Is there a place on-board to get fruit smoothies?

Any chance you can scan and e-mail the daily activity sheets? I've never done a RC cruise. I like activities like water aerobics. Are they free on RC?

I think I'm hijacking my own thread. :D

Thanks!

Michelle

I'll do what I can. I just bought an all in one that seems to have a capable scanner, so I might just be able to scan the Compasses (a/k/a daily activity sheets). I don't think I've seen water aerobics offered as an activity, but we'll see.

I haven't seen smoothies on an RCI ship, but then again, I don't look for them. Although I'll bet you could make friends with a bartender (cash helps), bring him some yogurt and a banana from the Windjammer and have him make you some kind of non-alcoholic frou-frou drink with a protein-potassium boost. The problem is that they use pre-mixed stuff for pina coladas and other shake-like drinks, so the sugar content would be pretty high.

Nan, I have noticed some machinery-looking stuff in the Jewel Solarium pool, at the end near the bridge, and I read hear that it is a resistance swimming feature. I started swimming in earnest again a few months ago so I'm most interested in seeing if it's true. Will let you know.

Archived