Tours in Barbados

$umFun

Hi,

My husband and I are cruising to Barbados on Adventure of the Seas in July 2008. We are looking to find an alternate to the excursions offered on the ship - they seem kind of pricey for what you get... We would like to find a tour company on island that would give us a nice tour of the island with some shopping time and beach time too. Can anyone suggest a tour?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks much,

$umFun

We are taking a tour with Cameron Reid in the morning when we are there. $125 for a 3-4 hour morning tour (scenicbarbados dot com). There are three of us. Afterward we are thinking about heading to the Boatyard ($15/person) before heading back to the ship.

John

I'll chime in on a recommendation for Cameron - we used him in March and he did a great job taking us where we wanted to go, and answering our many questions. There were 5 of us, and we only paid $30 each for 4-5 hours of his time. WAY cheaper than a ship excursion or the tour companies!

Another "yeah" for Cameron. We used him (we had him personally as our guide) back in Nov. 2005. We paid $ 150.00 for a tour for 4 of us. He picked us up at 9:00 am and returned us to the ship at around 2:45 or so. We were not interested in doing the caves or other tourist stuff....but rather seeing the "real" Barbados..... he delivered. He loves his island and it shows..... and he knows EVERYTHING...... I would take another tour with him in a heartbeat !

Thanks everybody, we just signed up with Cameron for Oct. 24. We've been planning for sometime to visit Crane Beach and the hotel. We've also been told about an incredible church on the Atlantic side (St. John's I think) that is a must see.

Happy Sails!

Romy:)

We've also been told about an incredible church on the Atlantic side (St. John's I think)

that is a must see.

St.John's Parish Church.

- see picture attached.

Nice view from there, since it sits right at the edge of the escarpment.

Nice quiet walk thru the leafy churchyard too, out to the sundial,

where there's more view again, looking toward Martin's Bay and Conset Bay.

Take your camera.

St.John's Parish Church.

- see picture attached.

Nice view from there, since it sits right at the edge of the escarpment.

Nice quiet walk thru the leafy churchyard too, out to the sundial,

where there's more view again, looking toward Martin's Bay and Conset Bay.

Take your camera.

Thanks Aplmac! That looks beautiful, will definitely bring the camera!!

Happy Sails!

Romy:)

I took some pictures from the church grounds that look like postcards. When Cameron took us over to that side of the island..... it was stunning. Bathsheba area...... Cherry Tree Drive ....... just as beautiful as I thought it would be. Liked that side more than the leeward side - it was too built up and crowded. Also go to the back of the church where there are crypts and the cemetary..... I took some really interesting pics there too.

Archived