Horseshoe Bay Beach from St. George

cruisin2000

I read you can take the bus to Hamilton and then change to another bus to the beach but DH would prefer traveling by ferry. If you take the ferry to Hamilton from St George, how would you get to Horseshoe Bay Beach?

There are several options here. From St. Georges, you can take a bus to Hamilton (about an hour) or you can take a ferry to Dockyard (about 45 mintues). From Dockyard, the ferry continues on to Hamilton (about 15 or 20 more minutes). You will need to check the schedules to confirm all these times.

From Hamilton, you can take the #7 bus which goes right by Horseshoe Bay. You will have to walk about 3 blocks from the ferry terminal to the bus terminal to transfer from the ferry to the bus.

Perhaps the fastest way to get there might be to take the #7 bus the other direction from Dockyard, but again, you'd have to double check the times. During the weekdays, a #7 bus leaves Dockyard pretty much every 30 minutes at :20 and :50 past the hour. There are also sometimes "special" buses that run to Horseshoe Bay when cruise ships are in port at Dockyard.

Check the links in the sticky thread at the top of the Bermuda forum for the bus and ferry schedules. They can be a big help in planning your transportation around the island.

You can see how most of these things are situated on my Bermuda cruise maps. There are maps of a Bermuda Overview, Hamilton, Dockyard, and St. Georges, among others.

Theron

I am getting a "web site not found", when trying the bus and ferry links?? Any other's you can give me??? I'm in Bermuda for my 2nd trip next week.

Will be in St. George the whole time, so need the information. :)

Wow, that is very disappointing. I hope it's just a temporary problem. If you look at message number 5 in that same thread there are links to the government sites for the same information, but their web pages are extremely slow and frustrating to use. The first links were much better.

Theron

P.S. It looks like they have changed the links:

Bus Schedule

Ferry Schedule

I just got back from the Norwegian Crown to Bermuda yesterday.

We took the #7 bus from the Hamilton Bus Terminal to Horsehoe Bay and that took only 30 mins! It was fun riding in the bus. The driver new every corner and tight turns. I even took a video of the bus ride to the beaches! Quite scary!

Bus ride video to the caves: http://good-times.webshots.com/video/3080716510061316608EFaWvq

Archived