Changing dinner seating times once on board?

dkal95

We are scheduled for the early dinner seating on our upcoming cruise, but I was wondering if we could change that once on board.

For instance, the day we're in Nassau, we will have a room at Atlantis for the day, so I was wondering if they'd allow us to eat at the later dinner seating so we could spend more time at Atlantis.

Do they do such a thing?

You can select either Late seating or Main seating. They will not let you have multiple seatings. You may need to change to Late seating now on line or call RCI, Otherwise you only other option in Nassau will be the WJ or Specialty Rest.

My question to you is,is the ship staying overnight?If so a lot of people will be out to the shore if when you get back go to the dining room after the early seating and ask the M'd if you can eat at the late seating being as you just got back.If it doesnt work go to the windjammer.

I'm sure that you can be accommodated for late seating one night. Most people want early seating and there always seems to be tables available at late seating. (We always do late seating.) If you speak with your head waiter a few days in advance I'm sure he will find a seat for you.

Once you are Early, then that's the time you eat the entire week. Someone else will have "your" table at the late seating. So with that being said, you should attempt to switch your dining time now. Or just know that on your Atlantis day, you can return to eat at the Windjammer.

We've been on 2 cruises in the past year where we stayed at Atlantis for the day (as guests). The first cruise, we came back at 8pm and ate at the buffet.

The last cruise, we left Atlantis at 5pm and made it back in time for dinner in the dining room. We actually showered at Atlantis. Then just hopped in a taxi, got dressed for dinner once we boarded the ship and all was good.

You can change your seating from main to late or visa versa for the entire cruise if seating is available for your party (we've done it twice in the past). I would recommend finding out where the dinning room manager is taking requests for changes as soon as you board and paying him a visit.

On our recent Majesty Cruise we were not able to get into late seating. We were told it was full so we went to the maitre'd the first day and he said he would send word if there was anyone who wanted to move from second seating. Never heard a word :(.

That may be the night you'll want to avail yourself of any "specialty" restaurants onboard! Or, since you have the room for the whole day, go to the ship, eat, then return to Atlantis!

If you want to change to late seating for the entire week, you should go ahead and call RCI now and get on the waitlist!

Archived