My UPSELL story! It's an early one!

azgkrudi

It happened!!! We were booked on November 17th's PofAm sailing in an AE (penthouse #12010). This morning (exactly 1 week after final payment was due), we were offered an AB at $550 more pp. I said, "wonderful - do you have any on deck 12 available?" She said no, only on deck 11. Having researched the deck plans, I felt like deck 12 would be the most peaceful (less suites than any other deck). I said, "Oh, we really wanted to stay on deck 12 if at all possible." (Of course I still wasn't turning her down at this point.) She said, "Well, we DO also have an AA (Owner's Suite) available on deck 12." So we snagged an AA for $750 pp. Which some people might think is excessive, but when you look at the differences between an AE and an AA, we think it's worth it. If we'd have paid for it to begin with, it would have been $1400 more pp. So a significant savings.

I just wanted to say that I appreciate everyone's upsell stories and tips - because of them, I was ready for the call and knew just what to say. I'd already discussed it with my husband and we agreed we'd take an upsell if it was still "in the budget". I was glad I'd researched what our possible upgrades and pricing were so I was able to accept an offer without stressing about whether it was the right or wrong thing to do. You guys are great!!!

Also, I need to add two things that I don't recall seeing mentioned here:

1. Our caller ID read "Unknown Caller" which I normally wouldn't bother answering because it's normally a pesky telemarketer...so answer those calls, people! It could be someone that you WANT to hear from! ;)

2. I heard her mention that she is able to give one upsell to each category, and she said this while I was deciding between the AB and AA. I may be wrong, but I took that to mean that we got "the only" AA upsell for that sailing. Like I said, I may be incorrect about that, but it can be interpreted that way. If that's the case, it would be wise for some to jump on an upsell the first time and not be hoping for another call at a later date.

It happened!!! We were booked on November 17th's PofAm sailing in an AE (penthouse #12010). This morning (exactly 1 week after final payment was due), we were offered an AB at $550 more pp. I said, "wonderful - do you have any on deck 12 available?" She said no, only on deck 11. Having researched the deck plans, I felt like deck 12 would be the most peaceful (less suites than any other deck). I said, "Oh, we really wanted to stay on deck 12 if at all possible." (Of course I still wasn't turning her down at this point.) She said, "Well, we DO also have an AA (Owner's Suite) available on deck 12." So we snagged an AA for $750 pp. Which some people might think is excessive, but when you look at the differences between an AE and an AA, we think it's worth it. If we'd have paid for it to begin with, it would have been $1400 more pp. So a significant savings.

I just wanted to say that I appreciate everyone's upsell stories and tips - because of them, I was ready for the call and knew just what to say. I'd already discussed it with my husband and we agreed we'd take an upsell if it was still "in the budget". I was glad I'd researched what our possible upgrades and pricing were so I was able to accept an offer without stressing about whether it was the right or wrong thing to do. You guys are great!!!

Also, I need to add two things that I don't recall seeing mentioned here:

1. Our caller ID read "Unknown Caller" which I normally wouldn't bother answering because it's normally a pesky telemarketer...so answer those calls, people! It could be someone that you WANT to hear from! ;)

2. I heard her mention that she is able to give one upsell to each category, and she said this while I was deciding between the AB and AA. I may be wrong, but I took that to mean that we got "the only" AA upsell for that sailing. Like I said, I may be incorrect about that, but it can be interpreted that way. If that's the case, it would be wise for some to jump on an upsell the first time and not be hoping for another call at a later date.

Maybe that's a new policy? Otherwise, it's completely untrue because they did upsells for more than one suite in several categories on our PoH cruise. Plus we got three upsell calls for that particular cruise and finally took the third because it met the criteria we had already decided were our limits (type of suite and cost). And you're not "wrong," you were given incorrect information or she meant something else. What she meant I'm not sure because it also couldn't mean that you could only take one upsell offer considering that many members here have done more than one for the same cruise (say, AF to AE and then later AE to AB or such). Maybe she was trying to get you to say yes? I hate to think that she was manipulating you that way, but I just can't figure out what the heck she could have meant and that's all that comes to my cynical (sp?) mind.

Congratulations on your delightful upsell! Enjoy every second and every single perk.

beachchick

Archived