Costa Maya

neversink4

Does anyone know how soon before the Sun starts sailing its new itinerary at the end of October will NCL post the Official port changes?
The CC news item that crazydaisy90 has posted above seems to be based on an announcement by NCL, although one that hasn't yet been widely publicised (and my TA here hasn't yet heard officially). The CC news page is here. I doubt that we will know in advance when NCL will make a wider announcement; it'll just happen, and probably quite soon now.

Preds, either key west or ocho rios would certainly be do-able. i am too anxious to have to wait until october for the info to be released!!!!!

Well, if they add either of those ports they'd be great replacements for Costa Maya on an already great itinerary!

I hope it's not Key West! Nothing to do till after noon.....and then it's pretty much shopping. The party time starts after about 10 pm. I've been there three times now. I need a change. Especially since I leve in FL and can drive there!

Ocho Rios would be my 1st choice. My wife would love having Jamaica as a replacement, Our kids would probably love it too (they still love the movie Cool Runnings LOL).

I think that those sailings (1, 8, 15 and 22 December 2007, and 5 and 12 January 2008) have always been going to Cozumel. So we still await official word from NCL about the sailings that were going to go to Costa Maya.

I'm sure it's just speculation on the TA's part, but I'd be happy with Cancun. I'd really like Roatan, but I believe it's too far away. I'm not sure how distant Grand Cayman is, but that'd also be a great stop for an already very nice itinerary.
roatan is too far and yes, Cancun is a possibility, but as you say, strictly speculation at this point. Sometimes we just want to give our clients some sort of answer.

Nita

Update for Norwegian Sun: CC now reports that we are going to Cozumel instead of being at sea, after all:-

Norwegian Cruise Line

star2.bmpNorwegian Sun's itinerary swaps Cozumel for Costa Maya. A decision on Norwegian Spirit's new schedule will be finalized by the end of ht is week, according to a spokesperson from NCL.

Boo.

Interestingly, this is by way of amending the page that we were looking at yesterday.

I am on the November 24, 2007 Sun voyage to the Western Carib. NCL has just posted the revised itinerary showing that Cozumel is being substituted for Costa Maya. I think this is a good swap and avoids that extra sea day (not that I minded that). Look forward to seeing what Cozumel has to offer (lots I hear). Ciao till November!

I read that the pier in Costa Maya has been damaged and is not expected to open for 6 to 8 months. I will be on the Sun in November and I wondered what you more experienced cruisers think NCL will do. Will they change ports or will we have an extra sea day?

Thanks for your thoughts on the subject.

AP

Port Damage Affects Cruise Lines

Tuesday September 11, 6:26 pm ET

Damage at Puerto Costa Maya Keeping Major Cruise Lines Away

http://in.us.biz.yahoo.com/ap/070911...ises.html?.v=1

NCL Sent me the following email.

September 12, 2007

Res Id :

Page 1 of 3

September 12, 2007

IMPORTANT:

ITINERARY CHANGE INFORMATION

Dear Valued Travel Partners & Guests,

Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) has important information for you regarding Norwegian Sun’s 7-Day Western Caribbean

itineraries from October 27, 2007 until April 12, 2008. All guests booked on these sailings need to be aware of the change

and travel partners are kindly asked to forward this information to their clients.

Because of the effects of Hurricane Dean to the port of Costa Maya, Mexico, we have revised the itinerary as noted

below, replacing Costa Maya with a call to Cozumel, Mexico.

Original: Revised Itinerary:

Sat Miami, Florida 4:00 PM Sat Miami, Florida 4:00 PM

Sun Sun

Mon Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Mon Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Tue Belize City, Belize 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Tue Belize City, Belize 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Wed Costa Maya, Mexico 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Wed Cozumel, Mexico 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Thu Thu

Fri Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas 10:00 AM 6:00 PM Fri Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas 9:00 AM 6:00 PM

Sat Miami, Florida 8:00 AM Sat Miami, Florida 8:00 AM

Should you have any questions, please call us at (800) 327-7030 Monday to Friday 8am to midnight EDT or Saturday and

Sunday 9am to 9pm EDT and a Norwegian Cruise Line representative will be available to assist you.

Sincerely,

Crane Gladding

Senior Vice President, Revenue Management & Passenger Services

Page 2 of 3

Page 3 of 3

I just called NCL regarding the Spirit. Key West is NOT a replacement option for Costa Maya. She made it sound like Key West is no longer under consideration for any NCL sailing.

According to the agent, instead of Costa Maya, the Spirit will NOT be replacing the port, and instead will have another day at sea (which means leave New Orleans then 2 days in a row at sea). Yuk. She called the Miami offices to get the "official" word while I was on with her this morning.

I have to say I'm very disappointed. 3 days at sea on a 7 day itinerary is 1 day too much IMO.

I really hope she was wrong. I guess we'll find out for sure when NCL posts their official announcement later in the day (according to CC).

I just called NCL regarding the Spirit. Key West is NOT a replacement option for Costa Maya. She made it sound like Key West is no longer under consideration for any NCL sailing.

According to the agent, instead of Costa Maya, the Spirit will NOT be replacing the port, and instead will have another day at sea (which means leave New Orleans then 2 days in a row at sea). Yuk. She called the Miami offices to get the "official" word while I was on with her this morning.

I have to say I'm very disappointed. 3 days at sea on a 7 day itinerary is 1 day too much IMO.

I really hope she was wrong. I guess we'll find out for sure when NCL posts their official announcement later in the day (according to CC).

I just have this to add: what you say and have been told could very well be true although it is almost unheard of for NCL to have only 3 ports. I also know if a decision had been made, a definent one, it would be announced. Reservations agents don't always get or have the accurate information. Again, I am not saying this isn't true, i am just saying, let's wait until an official announcement is made.

Nita

I just have this to add: what you say and have been told could very well be true although it is almost unheard of for NCL to have only 3 ports. I also know if a decision had been made, a definent one, it would be announced. Reservations agents don't always get or have the accurate information. Again, I am not saying this isn't true, i am just saying, let's wait until an official announcement is made.

Nita

Oh I'm, with you Nita! I have doubts that the information is accurate as well, thus my pointing out that we won't know for sure until NCL makes an offical annoucement.

I pressed her fairly hard on the issue, and she first asked her supervisor, then called Miami and came back firmly that it would be another sea day. I expressed how unattractive that was (on my end at least, others will love it I'm sure), but she was pretty adament about the change. Hopefully she got bad info!

Oh I'm, with you Nita! I have doubts that the information is accurate as well, thus my pointing out that we won't know for sure until NCL makes an offical annoucement.

I pressed her fairly hard on the issue, and she first asked her supervisor, then called Miami and came back firmly that it would be another sea day. I expressed how unattractive that was (on my end at least, others will love it I'm sure), but she was pretty adament about the change. Hopefully she got bad info!

I am interested, not only for clients, but myself, we are planning on cruising the Spirit in January. i just called and was told, a final decision should be made and announced by the end of this week or Monday. Let's see what comes out of all this. I will add one more thing, progresso, which has been suggested and I think I have mentioned it, sucks. I would almost just as soon have the extra sea day. Of course we havent' been there for years, maybe it has changed a little.

nita

I am interested, not only for clients, but myself, we are planning on cruising the Spirit in January. i just called and was told, a final decision should be made and announced by the end of this week or Monday. Let's see what comes out of all this. I will add one more thing, progresso, which has been suggested and I think I have mentioned it, sucks. I would almost just as soon have the extra sea day. Of course we havent' been there for years, maybe it has changed a little.

nita

LOL, tell us how you REALLY feel about Progreso Nita!

That's about how I feel about the 3rd day at sea. I like 1 on either end, but 3 is one too many in my book for a 7 day cruise. I'd LOVE to see Ocho Rios as a replacement, but it may not be within range.

Archived