Watch out for Princess's World of Escapes Sweepstakes

scots

I just received an email about a fabulous 8 week long contest that Princess is holding. The only catch is when I went in to enter, low and behold, it is only available to US residents. What a slap in the face that is! We here in Canada have to pay a lot more just to get to Princess Cruise departure ports than US citizens do (that is in no way a bad note against US cruisers) I am just trying to point out that it would have been a nice gesture for Princess to include Canadians in the contest as a matter of recognition of the extra miles we travel to get there. Besides airfare is not included in the contest, so really how much of a hardship would it have been to Princess to extend that contest to us as well? And also, if the contest is not open to anyone outside the US, then set your email parameters to only email the contest info to US residents.

I am just replying now to thank everyone for their viewpoints, and to say that I am pleased that Princess sent this blanket email out to all past cruisers who are not US citizens and not able to enter the contest...

"Recently, you received an email with the subject line "Win one of 8 dream cruises with Princess" which is meant to encourage our customers to explore the wealth of adventures that Princess Cruises offers around the world. Unfortunately, the sweepstakes portion of this promotion is not permitted in Canada or the non-continental U.S. and we regret that a number of residents in those areas received the promotion.

We apologize for this error and will continue to strive towards bringing you offers that are relevant and legal in your country."

Thank you Princess for your attention to this - and for your great customer service follow up! I appreciate this.

I received the apology as well...twice in fact.. and so did my husband & my Dad.... all to my personal e-mail address.. go figure....but at least I got the apology... 4 times... and we now know they can differentiate between the Canadians & our Great American friends..... Way to go Princess!

I feel sorry for the poor little computer geek that sent out the blanket e-mails without doing the final check...

"but Sir...I didn't mean it...I am just not very good at geography... geography is not in my job description....." lol.

I am reluctant to enter any such contest because I have heard, don't know if it is true, that prizes for the cheapest cabin and one can not upgrade. Wonder if anyone has ever won a cruise and whether this is true. Don't want to win and have to pay tax on a cabin I don't want.

Have heard the same about cruises won through bingo. Again don't know if it is true, lowest inside cabin and one can't upgrade.

I am reluctant to enter any such contest because I have heard, don't know if it is true, that prizes for the cheapest cabin and one can not upgrade. Wonder if anyone has ever won a cruise and whether this is true. Don't want to win and have to pay tax on a cabin I don't want.

Have heard the same about cruises won through bingo. Again don't know if it is true, lowest inside cabin and one can't upgrade.

A friend of mine did win a cruise on Princess. It was for an outside cabin. They paid to upgrade to a minisuite.

Last time we were on NCL one of the Garden Villa's had not sold, so they played Bingo for it on the 2nd day of the cruise & moved the winner into it that day. I believe the cards were $20 each for that game. Still a pretty good deal.

Archived