Valuables On The Beach W/3 Kids

Doug&Suzy-Q

We, the grandparents, are taking the kids on their first cruise. This will be a first time for us with kids:D

As prior cruisers, we have never had to worry about this....however with 3 kids and all their goodies..........I need help!

How do you manage??? How many tote bags do you take along....I have already been told don't take masks, snorkels etc...for 3:eek: that's a lot to pack......

The kids will be 12, 11 & 8........and we are planning beaches, snorkeling, boat shore trips......things the kids would enjoy...

Do you take a towel for everyone? Suntan lotion, yes......yikes...what else??? Help me!

I will take any advise all you experienced travelers can give:D

I usually have one tote bag for each child so they can put their own towel, sand toys, shoes and clothes in it.

Then my husband and I also carry our own beach tote bags.

One sunblock spray and a sunblock stick for the faces would work for everyone.

You can choose to pack your own beach towels or just use the cruiseship ones. My kids like their own towels but for us, I take the cruiseline towels.

And I have to add what WONDERFUL grandparents you are!!!!!! How lucky the kids are to have such caring grandparents.

We' date=' the grandparents, are taking the kids on their first cruise. This will be a first time for us with kids:D [/color']

As prior cruisers, we have never had to worry about this....however with 3 kids and all their goodies..........I need help!

How do you manage??? How many tote bags do you take along....I have already been told don't take masks, snorkels etc...for 3:eek: that's a lot to pack......

The kids will be 12, 11 & 8........and we are planning beaches, snorkeling, boat shore trips......things the kids would enjoy...

Do you take a towel for everyone? Suntan lotion, yes......yikes...what else??? Help me!

At ages 8,11, and 12 they can carry their own stuff. Backpacks are great - each carries their own towels and beach toys - that way they may be able to bring snorkels etc.

Always bring water - they can carry their own water in the back packs.

Have a great trip!

We' date=' the grandparents, are taking the kids on their first cruise. This will be a first time for us with kids:D [/color']

Make them haul their own crap!!!

At 12, 11 and 8, they are old enough to do this! (okay, maybe the 8 year old might need some help) That way they can decide if they want to bring their own snorkel gear, etc.

Require them to take a towel each, but everything else is up to them. You be responsible for the sunblock and just keep an open dialogue with them and suggest things that they might want to consider taking (themselves) and things they might want to think twice about hauling.

I would suggest that you, yourself, get a water wallet. that way you can store your sea pass, and money, etc, in it and keep it on your neck when you swim. Maybe even get one each for the kids and they can store their sea pass and money in it and keep it on when they swim.

...I would suggest that you, yourself, get a water wallet. that way you can store your sea pass, and money, etc, in it and keep it on your neck when you swim. Maybe even get one each for the kids and they can store their sea pass and money in it and keep it on when they swim.

Where do you get those or are you just talking about the clear packs you can store cameras, etc. in?????:confused:

Where do you get those or are you just talking about the clear packs you can store cameras, etc. in?????:confused:

There are "water wallets" that are water tight and you wear it around your neck, will hold your cruise card, money, ID, etc. They are usually sold on the ships. We ended up winning 4 of them on a RCCL cruise. :)

You can do a google for "water wallet" and see what is returned.

I would think you could order one off amazon, or eBay. Maybe you can get personalized ones?! You could probably get RCCL water wallets, or water wallets in general, off eBay.

You (most likely) can get them on the ship. I say most likely because they could be sold out in the gift shop....right?

Oh, thank all of you........from now until June, I will learn a lot here.

It has just been DH & myself for years............we want to do this without mom, just us & the kids:D

I am soooooo looking forward to this...yes..they are old enough to carry their stuff.........I watch them for summer, days off school, sick days etc....and they live next door:eek: So we are used to them & their quirks (we all have them). But to take them away from mom for a week and us being 100% responsible for them:eek: yikes, that is scary!! I definately bought insurance!!

I bought a cheap $1.00 waterproof flat carrier you wear around your neck on ebay......it worked great. I just might buy more....as great as the kids are, I do not trust them with their S&S cards around their necks.............especially since the oldest missed her bus by 30 seconds today:rolleyes: can you say responsible?? Can't complain since she has been Honor Roll for 5 straight years. Is that a proud grandma or what:D

You might also want to take along to the beach a semi-old t-shirt they can wear in the water. If they burn easily, a tee really protects the shoulders and back. If they're in the water constantly, it's easy to forget to reapply the lotion, etc. Good luck and have a blast!

Robin

Definately bring your own towels for the kids--get some cheap thin beach towels at walmart or somewhere like that. The ship's towels are too think and heavy when damp. They also take a long time to dry.

Cruisinmama---I see you posting and your photo/avatar always make me think of Sandra Bullock. I think the first time I saw it, I actually thought WOW Sandra Bullock is posting! Nice pic and beautiful family!

Cruisinmama---I see you posting and your photo/avatar always make me think of Sandra Bullock. I think the first time I saw it, I actually thought WOW Sandra Bullock is posting! Nice pic and beautiful family!

HAHAHAHAHAHA! I wish! :D But thanks.

So now that makes two CCers who think I am Rachel Ray and one for Sandra Bullock. Now if I just had their money. :p

Archived