Be careful when changing your booed reservations!

Hypo

I just changed my cabin on a previously booked cruise, for the Voyager next march. When I made the cabin change the system raised the price of our cruise by $200.00

I had changed from a previously booked JS to a JS on the center of the hump.

The old price (booked and confirmed price) was $1449.00/pp for a JS, and the current price is $1549.00/pp for a JS. They charged me the current price rather than my confirmed price.

I called RCL and the rep could not figure out/explain why the system did that. Unfortunately, the department that will have to make the correction is in Miami and they closed a few minutes ago, for the day. I have to call them back in the morning. Fortunately I have a copy of the "Booked Confirmation Invoice" showing the price as $1449.00/pp

If you are changing cabins, and the current price is higher than what you booked for, then I would not try to make the change electronically on their website; instead, I would call a rep and let them do that to ensure this does not happen to you.

I will call them in the morning, and report back on the outcome.

Hypo

Is it a particular cabin you've got, as there's no obvious place for me to change my cabin on the net... I'm not sure I'd want to, unless there's a hump cabin, but I wasn't even aware that it was possible...

Is there something I'm missing??

Liz x

But you shouldn't change it online...because things like this happen then. Wrona is right, this happened quite a bit, and thankfully they took the EDIT cabin button away for a while. It sounds like it is back and still not functioning. JMO...Call , if you want to make a cabin switch. :D

Please be careful on the RCCL website when you have a reservation. My DS and I booked a Med cruise on Voyager for June of this year. It was WONDERUL by the way. We had booked, through our TA, the two deck ten JS's in July of 2006, paid the deposits, etc. All set and a wonderful way to celebrate my DS 25th anniversary. In January, 2007 we were looking at reserving pre-cruise nights in Barcelona on the RCCL website. Long story short, somehow, the cabin was changed and it took three weeks of fighting to get the cabin back. We didn't go anywhere near changing the reservation but the cabin was gone none the less. We didn't log back into the RCCL site for anything again till we had the e-docs. RCCL had no idea how it happened since when you book with a TA you don't "own" the reservation till final payment is made so you don't have the authority to make changes. But the cabin was gone - it was a tough three weeks for my TA and me but she won and got me my aft JS back. Beware!!!!:eek:

ONLY when you book online with RCL can you change your cabin with the "edit" button at RCL's website. YOU CANNOT change you cabin when you book thru the phone with RCL OR a TA. The "edit" button is not there.

I have had so man problems with RCL and them "bumping" me. I have had them bump me with my D1 corner aft (this is where it happens the most) when I DID NOT book online but with a rep from RCL. Now, remember, that you CANNOT and DO NOT have an "edit" button when you book via phone. But yet, when I called RCL to tell them that my cabin had been changed, they said, you must have done it!. THERE IS NO WAY IN HECK I COULD HAVE!!!! There have been NUMEROUS complaints of this by alot of people and each time, RCL says - you did it, when we know darn well we didn't.

Poor customer service in my opinion. I even cancelled my cruise after it happened a THIRD time on the same cruise I had booked! I just gave up.

Some insight into the mystery might include the following scenario:

if you are a single or double occupancy reservation, booked into a room that is a triple or quad occupancy, RCCL reserves the right to reassign you if they need a triple/quad occupancy room in that category. I had a rep tell me this when I put a single occupant in a room that technically can sleep three.

now, this doen't hold up if the WHOLE category is triple occupancy obviously. ;)

I just got offf the phone with the RCL rep , and the problem is fixed.

She said "DO NOT make any changes in your reservations on-line, if the current price for the cruise is higher than what you originally booked". If you make changes, the system will change the price to the current price.

She said to call them directly, and they will make whatever changes are requested.

Hypo

Archived