Any ladies wearing hats in dining room?

LolaBunny

Butch Begovich had 2 friends cruise with him on our cruise and one of them was a girl. She wore hats on both formal nights. She had a cute style, some say it would be a sort of "emo" style, but it was cute.

She wore hats like this:

http://www.sfhats.us/Cocktail.htm

I couldn't find any really good examples, her's were more simple. Small hat, with a few feathers and small veil. She pulled it off with her vintage dresses.

I was just wondering if any of you seasoned cruisers have ever seen women wearing dress hats in the dining room or at other areas on board?

IF you want to wear a hat ,,,,go for it...............

I am sure you will look real nice........

HAPPY CRUISING..................

No hats, I did see a few turbans.

However, hats are traditionally reserved for day wear (think afternoon tea, horse races, wedding showers, luncheons etc.) They would not be appropriate for dinner.

Miss Becca is absolutely correct!

No Jean hats allowed in the Dining Room :D LOL

Fred

Usually prohibitions on hats are on informal hats like caps, or even cowboy hats (although a polite cowboy would never keep his hat on for dinner!). A ladies hat that requires hat pins is generally excepted in polite society- except for the fact that American polite society stopped wearing hats ages ago.

I saw lots of LSU baseball caps in the dining room at dinner - but they were all on men. I didn't see any women wearing hats at dinner, but if the guys can wear baseball caps, I wouldn't imagine a nice lady's hat would cause too much of a stir...

A lady is NEVER required to remove her hat. A lady's hairstyle is dictated by the hat and would be altered significantly if the hat were to be removed. Also some hats are held in place by large pins, and what will you do with the pins should the hat be removed? Also where would you place the hat if it is taken off of the head, esp if it is large, feathered or sequined etc etc.?

This rule is also related to ball caps, even though only example one would apply.

I saw lots of LSU baseball caps in the dining room at dinner - but they were all on men. I didn't see any women wearing hats at dinner, but if the guys can wear baseball caps, I wouldn't imagine a nice lady's hat would cause too much of a stir...

Classy!! Did they wear yellow T-shirts and blue warmup pants to go with it, or did they wear blue T-shirts and yellow warm up pants to go with it?

Were they all carrying their security footballs with them for protection?

BnB

In almost 20 years of cruising, I've never seen a lady "DRESSED" in a hat, but on my last RCCL cruise, there was one lady who always had a matching hat on in the daytime. She stood out, and was always quite colorful.

I must have missed the burkas on the Victory. :eek:

Yes we have seen 2 groups of " the red hat ladies " in the dining room.

http://www.redhatsociety.com/

Marty

My mother is one and she states that they are NOT to be worn at a formal dinner.But the others are OK. I argue that they should have the forsight not to wear a hat at dinner and this issue will not come up, but no arguing with them.:rolleyes:

I have also seen them not remove their hats during the National Anthem.:mad:

I have seen them all,they should be called the Red Fat ladies.(Just a joke,don't get your red panties in a knot):D

Classy!! Did they wear yellow T-shirts and blue warmup pants to go with it, or did they wear blue T-shirts and yellow warm up pants to go with it?

Were they all carrying their security footballs with them for protection?

BnB

Um Ummmm. Purple and gold sweats thank you very much. Heading to the game this afternoon, we are eating at Ruth Chris in our game day gear. Gotta love football culture. Geaux Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived