Table for Two/Let's Celebrate Package?

btobey

Hi everyone,

DH and I will be cruising for our anniversary next spring, and we are hoping to have a table for 2 at dinner as we did for our honeymoon. I read a post on another thread by a frequent HAL passenger who said that she and her husband always purchase the "Let's Celebrate" package in advance, as this guarentees a table for 2. DH and I are interested in doing this, but I didn't see anything in the description of the Let's Celebrate package that specifically mentions a table for 2. Thoughts?

kakalina, thanks for the clarification. However, I can't find this package anywhere! I looked under "Celebrations," "Couples and Family Gifts," and "Packages" and did not see it. Could it be that Just for Us is no longer offered?

Just For Us

(1 dz roses, 1 bottle Mumm Cordon Rouge,

2 bathrobes, one afternoon tea in stateroom, dessert &

champagne served one evening in stateroom, guaranteed

table for 2 in the dining room, two 25 minute

aromatherapy massages, dinner for 2 in the Pinnacle Grill

& framed 6x8 photo)**

$470.69

Item # 1972 in the order catalog

krazy, I can see it under the printable menu, but when I actually use our booking number and go to the select gifts tool, the Just for Us doesn't appear as an option.

It's actually a lot more expensive than I thought and includes things we wouldn't be interested in (such as the couples massages--I'd be all for it, but no way for DH!). Do any of the other couples packages offer Table for 2 seating?

krazy, I can see it under the printable menu, but when I actually use our booking number and go to the select gifts tool, the Just for Us doesn't appear as an option.

It's actually a lot more expensive than I thought and includes things we wouldn't be interested in (such as the couples massages--I'd be all for it, but no way for DH!). Do any of the other couples packages offer Table for 2 seating?

Why don't you just request a table for two and then e-mail the Ship Coordinator for your ship and ask for a confirmation?

We did this last week and are confirmed for a table or two for next summer. Btw, you need to phone Guest Services and ask for the Ship Coordinator for your ship. I only have info on the Westerdam and Noordam/Eurodam (same coordinator).

It's actually a lot more expensive than I thought and includes things we wouldn't be interested in (such as the couples massages--I'd be all for it, but no way for DH!).

This is not a problem. The massages are actually given to you as a obc (on board credit) so you can use the money as you wish. Of course it is meant to be used at the spa but... Last two times we got the package with DH we didn't feel like going to the spa. We checked that the obc was credited onto our account on day two, found out that it was and just used the money as we wished. If I remember correctly the obc for this was $130. The same applies to the photo. You will get obc for that too and should you not wish to buy any pics you can use the money as you wish.

It's actually a lot more expensive than I thought and includes things we wouldn't be interested in (such as the couples massages--I'd be all for it, but no way for DH!).

This is not a problem. The massages are actually given to you as a obc (on board credit) so you can use the money as you wish. Of course it is meant to be used at the spa but... Last two times we got the package with DH we didn't feel like going to the spa. We checked that the obc was credited onto our account on day two, found out that it was and just used the money as we wished. If I remember correctly the obc we received for the massage part of the package was $130. The same applies to the photo. You will get obc for that one too and should you not wish to buy any pics you can use the money as you wish.

If a two-top is your only concern and you're not assigned one, see the maitre d' or book As You Wish Dining from the get go and request a two-top each evening.

On our last 2 cruises, DH and I had two-tops. The first was confirmed, the second was not and we were assigned to a huge table. We spoke with the maitre d', all the two-tops were takens, so he gave us a 4-top for just the 2 of us. We had a larger table with room to spare. It was great. We also saw at least 3 other couples with the same set up. ;)

Oops, sorry. Just realized that AYWD won't yet be available for your cruise.

One comment, we booked the Just for Us package with the guaranteed table and when we checked on it, we were at a table for four. And yes, there was another couple at our table because we went right to the maitre 'd and asked him where's our guaranteed table for two, and he said oh, I see you're sitting with Mr. & Mrs. ___. But he found us a table for two.

The package itself had so much stuff that it was unbelievable. We did return the wine for onboard credit. Next time I'll return the spa massage as my DH is a massage therapist so why pay for something I can get for free?? :D

Why don't you just request a table for two and then e-mail the Ship Coordinator for your ship and ask for a confirmation?

We did this last week and are confirmed for a table or two for next summer. Btw, you need to phone Guest Services and ask for the Ship Coordinator for your ship. I only have info on the Westerdam and Noordam/Eurodam (same coordinator).

Hi, I'm a first time cruiser and have chosen HAL(Westerdam), would you be able to share with me how I would arrange for a table for two? We are celebrating and would very much like to have dinner alone.

Hi, I'm a first time cruiser and have chosen HAL(Westerdam), would you be able to share with me how I would arrange for a table for two? We are celebrating and would very much like to have dinner alone.

You just put in your request with HAL or through your TA to HAL. They ask if you want to be at a table for 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 etc. The request should show up on your cruise documents.

They can't give everyone the tables for two but if you book far enough in advance (I booked over a year) they should be able to confirm this for you.

• 1 year later...

We had already booked and paid for Pinnacle Grill before we bought the "just for us" package. Is the Pinnacle Grill in this package a room credit as well? that would be great if we could use that money on something else if we dont want to go to the Grill twice.

It's interesting how much cruising (cruisers) have changed through the years. It was expected and welcome that almost everyone shared tables at dinner and met new people.

These days, many of us want to dine alone.

Sure, there are still people who want to share and make new friends but the numbers are definitely changing.

I understand Sail7SEAs -- I've come to the conclusion after my few cruises that the larger the table the chances of at least one couple being 'outre' so to speak that the rest of the table prays for them to choose alternate dining options.

I am, however, perfectly happy with whoever wants to sit with me, I enjoy meeting new people, learning about their life/experiences. I've been married to DH for more than 40 years -we talk to each other and don't need a special table for dinner on a cruise.

Now that being said, we are barely into the 60's age range -- and then -- I know that my in-laws as they got older(amazing since it seems its the younger folks who are so particular these days )-- would isolate themselves more and more. I do the opposite.

One time we had a table for 8 -- one couple met some folks and changed and later regretted the change -- wanted to come back. We had at the table a director from NASA, us -- engineering managers, and the couple we wished would go away -- so we played seating games -- never sitting in the same place.

Then the Ships Doctor sat with us one night, and I couldnt resist -- I had heard his history from a mother of an 8 month old, so I had questions about his schooling, etc that kept the table going for the whole meal.

Of course, fueled by wine, because he was buying -- such a wonderful dinner.

Through ship's services we received the name of our ship's coordinator and we emailed her with our request and she got back to us within 24 hours with a confirmation for our table for 2. We've had many different experiences over the years and have concluded a table for 2 is to our liking now. We always seem to end up conversing with tables close by and enjoy the company of others when we eat in the dining room for breakfast or lunch.

Bon Voyage! Happy Anniversary! Cheers!

My husband and I have been quite sad, actually, that on our last 3 cruises, we've been automatically assigned a table for 2.

We never asked for one, and we always get one.

We always feel like we're missing out on great conversations!

It's interesting how much cruising (cruisers) have changed through the years. It was expected and welcome that almost everyone shared tables at dinner and met new people.

These days, many of us want to dine alone.

Sure, there are still people who want to share and make new friends but the numbers are definitely changing.

Thank goodness there is flexibility and choice to change if need be... I have seen some really icky situations where people have been ignored at their tables... Even made me feel uncomfortable many tables away...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The great thing about open seating is that you have both options...you can request a table for two when you show up at the dining room at whatever time you like or you can request to be seated anywhere they have an opening for 2 people.

We wanted to dine by ourselves the first night, to "celebrate" being on our first cruise and our 25th anniversary, and then the rest of the nights we were seated at various tables, usually a table of 6.

Archived