$$$$ off coupons from RCCL

gwrod

I have a question that I hope someone can help with. RCCL sent me a coupon for $50.00 off a cruise booked during a certain time frame. I had booked last week ( which was in the coupons time frame). Now, can I fax the coupon into the cruise line or do I need to go through my TA? The back of the coupon is vague, it says to give to TA, then there is a fax number that it says can be faxed to, and then a mail address to mail it in. Then it goes on to say the TA can go on cruising power.com and add the coupon.

Thanks..

Now that the TA must charge RCCL's rate, that raises an interesting question. Can the TA, who isn't discounting your cruise take a portion of the value of the coupon presented to you by RCCL? Yes, the amount of the coupon is non commissionable, but since it lowers RCCL's price to you (the price that TA's now have to charge), the basis for commission should be after application of the coupon. If you have a $100 coupon and RCCL's rate is $999, that coupon brings RCCL's rate down to $899. What right does the travel agent have taking a piece of that? That coupon is between you and RCCL, not between you and the agent. I'll admit that when agents were rebating their commission and giving you a discounted quote and then you pull out a coupon, they had entitlement to adjust their discounted rate because of it. Former discounters are going to make a lot more in commission charging RCCL's rates now so why take some of your discount away from you? Wouldn't that amount to charging more than RCCL's rate applicable to you.

Archived