Express Luggage Service

jenni belle

Hi all,

I know that RC will, for a small fee, take your luggage directly to the airport and check it in for you on your return trip. I was wondering if anyone knew what airlines they did this for?

I seem to remember the last time we did it, that it was not offered for all airlines.

We'll be sailing on Mariner out of Port Canaveral (Orlando) come next March. I'm leaning towards flying Southwest as it appears they will be much cheaper than United. However, I'm not sure RC offered the express luggage service to Southwest. Does anyone know? This service was one I was really impressed with and would definitely use again.

Thanks in advance!

I am not positive for Port Canaveral but none of the other ports I have sailed from was the express luggage available for Southwest. I fly them all the time so I would always check. Unless they were added in the last couple of months I doubt it. The only one I definitely remember was American.

I know you're asking about PC,but heres an email I just got regarding San Juan(maybe someone else reading this thread will want to know)....

"The cost will be $20 for the luggage valet program. This service fee is per guest and includes up to two pieces of checked-in luggage. This service can only be purchased onboard the ship. The participating airlines include; American, Continental, Delta, and United."

I know you're asking about PC,but heres an email I just got regarding San Juan(maybe someone else reading this thread will want to know)....

"The cost will be $20 for the luggage valet program. This service fee is per guest and includes up to two pieces of checked-in luggage. This service can only be purchased onboard the ship. The participating airlines include; American, Continental, Delta, and United."

Thanks Parrothead. I was just thinking of posting about San Juan and the luggage valet program. We are flying Delta and should be able to use them.

Ann;)

We used valet luggage out of Ft. Lauderdale for American Airlines. It was well worth the money. I recently called RCI and asked if valet luggage service was available out of Cape Liberty for the Explorer. I was assured that it was so we didn't arrange for a private car (we had a late flight.) Anyway, when I went to the cruise relations desk, I was told that there had never been valet service out of Bayonne. I do not think that Southwest/RCI have ever offered valet luggage service. However, my message is that even if you are told "yes," the real answer is "maybe, maybe not."

According to Royal Caribbean's website.

We are currently working on having this program available on all ships. Currently, the program is offered on sailings 7 nights and longer departing from the following ports:

Ft. Lauderdale Los Angeles Miami Port Canaveral San Juan Seattle Vancouver

Archived