Spa/Thermal Suite Costs

JillK

Can anyone give me ballpark pricing for spa services (hot stone massage, pedicure, etc) and cost to use the thermal suite?

We are cruising the Emerald in January and are hoping to take advantage of these services but want to have an idea as to what the damage will be!!

Many thanks to all who reply!

I am going on the Carib Princess in Dec and I logged in to pre-book my spa appointments. When you go through the pre-book process, it will show you the cost of the treatment at the end. The longer (50 min I think) Swedish Massage was $119.

To pre-book, just go to "Prepare for your cruise" on the main menu from the Princess homepage and then login w/ your booking # (you should have it on your receipt or from your TA) Look around - there's a place to click on "Lotus spa reservations" and then you can book & price it out in advance.

After having waited in line on embarkation day to book spa appointments and then finding that only weird appt. times are left, I highly recommend booking your spa treatments in advance!

*The system doesn't show any of the specials that they usually have on the port days.

Happy Pampering!!

Hi CruiseLiz.

Many thanks for your reply! I haven't gone on to the pre-booking yet but will very soon.

Prices seem higher than at home but well worth it for the pampering. With two girls under 3 at home, I don't get out for spa treatments so I'm really looking forward to relaxing, regardless of cost!

Appreciate the great tip!

I did a mini-sampler on the Crown last spring. I think it was around $79 for a mini facial, head-neck massage and foot-leg massage, and it was a port day special. The best part was going downstairs to the thermal suite. I had never done the thermal loungers before; it was wonderful! That part was free! The spa pool looked nice, too, but I knew that DH was waiting for me.

Enjoy!

Thanks so much for the tip! Looks like I should think about how I can squeeze in some spa time during a port day to get a nice deal! Looking forward to trying the thermal suite... sounds heavenly and nice to know that it's included with spa service.

Does anyone know if you can use it for a fee without booking a spa service?

We had one port day when we had to be back on board at 1:30, so that's the day I scheduled my spa time. I think you have to have some sort of treatment. My spa lady did look a little surprised when I asked if I could use the thermal suite. Maybe I was supposed to pay??? Whoops! I wish I could have spent more time in there. I dozed off, heard a cough, looked to my right expecting to see my husband. Saw a bunch of strangers sleeping!

I never thought laying on a tile bed could be so comfy!

I think I've read on other recent posts that there is a week-long pass and also a day pass (for $15 I think, but not sure.) I will do the day pass on my massage day, but I won't do the week long.

You can definitely get a deal if you book the spa during port time. I did a 3 in one treatment once on Holland and just left feeling like I didn't get enough massage time, so this vacation is all massage and nothing else! :D

The treatments definitely cost more money on the ship than at home. I would say about $20 more depending on where you go. But heck, you're on vacation. Go for it!

Thanks to everyone for providing some great information. So many things to do and so little time... and I agree CruiseLiz, you're on vacation so why not go all out and really pamper yourself even if it costs more than at home!

Just on the CB Sept 9-16, 2007. The couples price for Thermal Suite was $115.00 for the whole week. We used it 4 or 5 times. It was a noce experience, but I am not sure we will do it again. It is very noice, clean and not very busy, Always found room to use the facility. HOWEVER... the showers in the locker rooms are AWESOME. Provide shampoo, conditioner, etc. If you have a small shower, this is a great place to shower up!

Has anyone had a massage at the Sanctuary ? I see that there are Cabanas up there for massages, how do you book those ?

Also, I so do not paying for extras, I plan to to do this is so many ways but I'm just not getting what the big deal is on the Thermal Spa ! Can anyone clue me in ?

• 1 month later...
I'm also curious about the Thermal Suite... What is it? What kind of facilities/services does it include? Someone mentioned lying on a tile bed... what's that about?

Thanks!!

Beth

Here is a spa menu from Sapphire Princess -- I wouldn't take it as gospel, but should give you a ballpark idea.

http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/spa.html

Here is our page on the Thermal Suite

http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/thermal.html

The suites vary from ship to ship, but this should give you a good idea.

Have a GREAT cruise!

HunEBEAR: I think I was on the Coral with you in April. You and your husband were in the thermal suite and I asked you to relay a message to my husband waiting in the spa reception area - I don't think I ever got the chance to thank you for your kindness - so thanks to you both. I really enjoyed the thermal suite - totally relaxed on those wonderful lounge chairs.

Cathy

Archived