Wait List

hepcat13

I work with the military, so I haven't seen my family in a long time. My family recently informed me they will be cruising on Sept 23 with the Pride. I just got word the other day that I can actually take some leave. I've tried to book a cabin on the cruise, so I can be reunited with my family after over 2 years, but unfortunately it's sold out. They've put me on the wait list and told me I'm first on the list, but I'm skeptical. Anyone know what is the likelihood that someone on the waitlist actually gets on the ship? Does anyone ever cancel this late? Also, any tips or tricks on getting on the cruise? It would really suck if I couldn't see my family on my leave. Any help would be appreciated.

That was going to be my suggestion - if all else fails crash with family. I'd also call the cruise line and make sure they understand this is your leave and you haven't seen them for 2 years - you may get a simpathitc person who will pull strings... Good luck. Debbie

Thanks for your concern. Yes, I tried to crash with my family but Carnival has told me their rooms are double occupancy only, even though one of them is a balcony room that is large. I told them I have no problem sleeping on the floor, or even the bathroom, but still they say no. Doesn't make sense to me. Also, I don't think my military status will affect their policies, I wish it did.

It sounds like the ship has reached maximum capacity and that is why you can't just slip into one of their rooms. Also, just because a room is large does not mean it has a berth for more than 2 people.

Hopefully though you will get to go. Unfortunately, there are always people who have to back out of going at the last minute and you may get lucky. I would check back daily though to make sure.

Just keep calling to see if they have had a cancellation. We were on a waitlist back in June and a room came available a few days prior to sailing. We just kept calling and calling and lucked out. Yes, people do cancel. The multiple Carnival reps that we spoke with said they ALWAYS have last minute cancellations! GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

I work with the military, so I haven't seen my family in a long time. My family recently informed me they will be cruising on Sept 23 with the Pride. I just got word the other day that I can actually take some leave. I've tried to book a cabin on the cruise, so I can be reunited with my family after over 2 years, but unfortunately it's sold out. They've put me on the wait list and told me I'm first on the list, but I'm skeptical. Anyone know what is the likelihood that someone on the waitlist actually gets on the ship? Does anyone ever cancel this late? Also, any tips or tricks on getting on the cruise? It would really suck if I couldn't see my family on my leave. Any help would be appreciated.

wow, with 3 days to go< I wouldn't hold my breath, but I am sure they will do everything possible to get you on the ship and yes, there are always last minute cancellations. Well not always, but it does happen.

Good luck and thanks for service our country.

Nita

Check with the various cruise companies .CALL the online companies if you can.They often book a bunch of cabins for their future customers. If they haven't sold all, one may be available because they 'bought' a bunch. You'll find companies here on cruisecritic's board. Carnival may think they are full when they're not. Good luck - but don't wait as the passenger list has to be turned in at least a day before sailing. Oh, I have seen roll away beds on Carnival - call THEM and ask about this.

Thanks for your concern. Yes, I tried to crash with my family but Carnival has told me their rooms are double occupancy only, even though one of them is a balcony room that is large. I told them I have no problem sleeping on the floor, or even the bathroom, but still they say no. Doesn't make sense to me. Also, I don't think my military status will affect their policies, I wish it did.

that is funny I booked a carnival cruise and it is for 3 people in a cabin

a pullout bed and two twin beds. Lots of luck and thanks for all you do for our freedom

Archived