Stateroom: TBA (Pride 9/30/07)

Graybill

My Online boarding docs show "Stateroom: TBA". When I made reservations last year (sailing Pride on 9/30/07), they told me that I had a guaranteed cabin and upgrade, but all my docs keep showing "TBA". I called and Carnival Rep stated that my cabin number may not be assigned until check-in. I'm a little uncomfortable with that. Should I be worrying? Calling? One of the other post here indicates that "gty" cabin indicates certain upgrade, but I'm still a bit nervous since travel date is fast approaching.

My Online boarding docs show "Stateroom: TBA". When I made reservations last year (sailing Pride on 9/30/07), they told me that I had a guaranteed cabin and upgrade, but all my docs keep showing "TBA". I called and Carnival Rep stated that my cabin number may not be assigned until check-in. I'm a little uncomfortable with that. Should I be worrying? Calling? One of the other post here indicates that "gty" cabin indicates certain upgrade, but I'm still a bit nervous since travel date is fast approaching.

Sounds like you went with a category guarantee. Your PVP should have explained everything to you when you booked.

Have you tried pulling up your e-docs? There may be a cabin listed there.

You are guaranteed a cabin in the class you booked. For example, I booked an OV guarantee, could have ended up with anything from a 4A up. I ended up with an 8H balcony. I received my stateroom assignment about 8 weeks ago, but it's not unheard to not get an assignment until check in.

If you think by not having a cabin assigned yes that you will not get one, you will. Some Gty cabins will not be issues until the day you actually board. Actually I would rather wait till we board because that means you are still getting bumpped up.

Fred

Thats a real good thing.Hope you don't get one until the pier.:)

My Online boarding docs show "Stateroom: TBA". When I made reservations last year (sailing Pride on 9/30/07), they told me that I had a guaranteed cabin and upgrade, but all my docs keep showing "TBA". .

I dont understand the guaranteed cabin and UPGRADE you mentioned??

What category did you book? Whatever that one is is all they have to give you, Iv never heard of them saying you have a guarantee and a automatic upgrade...

The fact that you have not been assigned yet is usually a good thing, you MIGHT get a upgrade. Usually the longer they wait the more sold out the sailing is and why they have not assigned you yet, so your chances are better for that upgrade, but still not part of the guarantee.

I dont understand the guaranteed cabin and UPGRADE you mentioned??

What category did you book? Whatever that one is is all they have to give you, Iv never heard of them saying you have a guarantee and a automatic upgrade...

The fact that you have not been assigned yet is usually a good thing, you MIGHT get a upgrade. Usually the longer they wait the more sold out the sailing is and why they have not assigned you yet, so your chances are better for that upgrade, but still not part of the guarantee.

The "more sold out" part is what worries me. I'd hate to show up at port and find out that there's no room at the inn, even thought I was told I have a guarantee. Does that ever happen?

You'll be fine! You have a ticket to ride, okay? What Firefly and the other meant is that what they do is sell the cheaper cabins as much as they can. Let's say they sell all the interiors. Now you have a GTY for an interior. What are they going to do with you? They would probably move you to an OV or another category of cabin that they haven't had as much luck selling (i.e. upgrade):D That is why they are saying the longer it takes to assign, the better;) Just show up at the terminal, ask the porter taking your luggage for your cabin number and get the correct tags on them and send them off! Then you get on and go to the pursers' desk and look at the diagram of the ship, find your cabin number and (hopefully) rejoice in your assignment! Like I posted before, we found our our cabin # when we dropped our bags off. Even with that I still had to look at a diagram of the ship to figure out it was an OV not the IS GTY we'd paid for:)

The "more sold out" part is what worries me. I'd hate to show up at port and find out that there's no room at the inn, even thought I was told I have a guarantee. Does that ever happen?

No. Dont worry. If you are booked (paid your deposit) and made your final payment by the duedate. You *will* have a cabin.

GTY means you are guranteed a cabin on the ship, in *at least* the catagory you paid for (ie: inside, oceanview or balcony) So, if you booked an inside, you could be placed in any cabin on the ship. If you booked an oceanview you can be placed in any cabin on the ship that is an oceanview or better. See? Not to worry.

The 'more sold out' part only referrs to specific catagories, for instance if they sell all the insides you may be bumped to an oceanview.

No worries, you will be fine.

:)

Sometimes when you book a gty, you hit the lottery! I booked a IS for my next cruise and found out yesterday that I got a Cat 11! I would have been happy with anything (I'm addicted to cruising) but I danced around the room when I saw my assignment. I leave in 4 days. This has been worth all the waiting.

Archived