Guarantee cabins

fpcruiser

I was wondering how you find cruises with stateroom guarantees? I have never run across a sailing with one available. They always say n/a. Is there a trick, do you have to call RCL, is it only certain ships? I just did a search for next June- Sept. and checked about 20 different cruises and didn't see any. Can someone help me figure out where to look for guarantees? Thanks all for your help.

I don't think there is any logical way to find GTY cabins, its just a decision made by RC when they need to move a certain type. For example, I had an inside reserved on the Brilliance TA (Dec.2). About two weeks ago RC opened up a balcony GTY (which could be D1, E1, E2, E3) for less money than the cheapest inside. They also put on an E3 GTY, but for more money - which makes no sense. So, I changed to the GTY, paid for the rest of the cruise, and within 2 days I got an assignment for a nice E1!

Long story short, just keep watching cruises where it appears cabins are not moving - any price decrease is a good sign. Sooner or later a GTY may show up - sometimes with little logic.

It varies by ship and sailing, also by the number of people booked in a cabin. I've never seen one for a solo traveler, and you'll rarely see one for more than 2 people in a cabin.

Usually they are only available a few months out. BUT, for my Rhapsody cruise next May, they are offering both a JS Guarantee and a GS Guarantee.

I've seen guarantees more frequently on the shorter cruises as well.

When I was booking Voyager, the Qs were down to 3, then 0, then they put up the inside guarantees. Might have something I think to do with when the lower category in that group sells out.

Once in a while another Q will be released, and then you can pick that Q cabin or the guarantee.

On the Sovereign, when the I cabins, the lowest OVs sold out, then they started the OV guarantees.

We have twice booked a balcony guarantee, and both times we booked through a large on-line cruise agency. The first time we wound up with an aft balcony, the last time we were marginally upgraded.

So perhaps the secret is looking at agencies other than RCCI?

A GS guarantee would be a guarantee for a GS or above (GS, OS, RS). They may be added if guests have GSs on hold and are not expected to book. This would give RCI a chance at selling the GS or an OS, for example, at a lower price than the people who already bought the OS for. So, there is a good chance that a GS guarantee may just get upgraded to an OS.

So, there is a good chance that a GS guarantee may just get upgraded to an OS.

Yep. That's exactly what just happened to us - today!!:D :D

Some friends that are cruising with me are currently on a waitlist for a GS for our cruise - they can't get a GS guarantee because they have 3 people, and the guarantees are only for 2 people.

We have booked 2 cruises as GTY and have been pleasantly surprised to be upgraded in our category. But the flip side is, you may get the worst location on the ship by booking a GTY.

We got the worst....lowest level, almost in the aft. well not the worst, but close. worst of any on our roll call who all booked guarantees. Iv heard RCI is not generous with their upgrades. Dont count on one.

I was wondering how you find cruises with stateroom guarantees? I have never run across a sailing with one available. They always say n/a. Is there a trick, do you have to call RCL, is it only certain ships? I just did a search for next June- Sept. and checked about 20 different cruises and didn't see any. Can someone help me figure out where to look for guarantees? Thanks all for your help.

You may be searching too far out. I think guarantees tend to pop up closer to the sailing date. Try searching for cruises 1-3 months away and I bet you find some.

I wouldn't book a guarantee expecting an upgrade. I received an upgrade for my cruise next May, but previous times I booked guarantees I received no upgrade. In fact the last time I booked a guarantee, I ended up with a cabin that I would never recommend anyone booking (unless it was the only cabin left on the ship:p).

If you book a guarantee, you've got to be willing to accept the worst cabin in that category - or any higher category.

Is there still a "trick" to finding out what your Guarantee assignment is?

We just booked (this week) for a cruise on the Grandeur leaving Sunday. We booked the Guarantee Q, because that was the only category available for an Inside stateroom. The only way we could go on this cruise, was to save and go with an Inside. :o

I am not expecting anything other than an Inside stateroom, but would just like to know where it is located. It would be nice if we were not on Deck 2 all the way forward - sandwiched between 4 other staterooms, but knowing our luck..... :rolleyes:

Still says Inside Guarantee !

Maybe that means you're getting an upgrade.;) Oh well, you'll find out in a few days anyways.:p

It took about 2 weeks for me to get assigned to my guarantee stateroom this time - and I did end up getting a nice upgrade.

The OP.

Duh! :o I am so brain dead that I can barely think. Today when I was checking out of Wal Mart, I got ready to slide my ATM card in the machines' slot, when I noticed the screen had a transaction in progress, so I said to the cashier "the last customers transaction is still on the machine." She looked at me like I had grown horns and then I realized that the charges showing were from MY purchases. :o

Archived