Sunset Veranda qualities

owl61

I just upgraded to a SV ( 7121) for my So American sailing. Can someone speak to the comfort of these aft verandas? Is the location and size of the balcony the only difference between these and the regular balconied cabins? Is the balcony big enough to entertain a couple of other guests? Extra specialty dining room privileges? Butler efficiency any different?

I just upgraded to a SV ( 7121) for my So American sailing. Can someone speak to the comfort of these aft verandas? Is the location and size of the balcony the only difference between these and the regular balconied cabins? Is the balcony big enough to entertain a couple of other guests? Extra specialty dining room privileges? Butler efficiency any different?

I havn't had this cabin, but read alot of comments....On Oceania they really are priced same as the other veranda cabins...as they are exactly the same except on deck 6 the veranda is several inches, or a foot deeper, no wider (nothing like on other rear balconies). by the time you are up to 7 & 8 the extra depth is greatly reduced. NO not worth so much extra money, not big enough for guests!:rolleyes:

I had an aft cabin on the 8/1 sailing. The balcony was small and I really disliked the metal (rather than glass) panel below the railing. This means that depending where you are sitting - you can't always see out. Although we always opt for aft cabins, 20+ cruises, I would not get one on this ship again.

There is no difference in cabin size from regular balcony cabins. The extra cost is for the aft location and just a bit larger balcony but the trade off is the metal barrier as described by the poster above. I don't think the extra $$ are worth it but I'd be okay with the cabin if they upgraded me into it. Happy Sailing!

OWL

JUst got back...9/15 to 9/22 Had cabin 7116. The cabins are nice but SMALL...only one person at a time can go around the bed. I do not even whant to tell you about the size of the bathroom (if you are 6"2' and 220lbs it will be very difficult to take a shower....The sunset varanda are a little larger, but will fit a table and they give you two chairs....no more then 4 people would fit confortable....Good luck and enjoy your cruise

In regards to the butler......They are cabin attendents in Tuxedos...do not expect much

Archived