Favorite Ship...and why??

Littlenygs

Hi all. Sorry, if this has been asked a lot, but my searches didn't come up with anything. This is my very first time on the RCI board.

My husband and are thinking about trying Royal Caribbean next (but I know really nothing about it) So, I am wondering, what is your favorite ship...and why??

Thanks for all you help.:)

So far, it's Serenade for us! Love the Radiance class ships - big enough for all the amenities, yet small emough to enjoy ports such as St Lucia. Service was the best we've had on RCI as well - great bartenders! The Serenade's southern Caribbean itinerary with the Montserrat cruise-by is fantastic.

Next up for us is the Independence OTS - we'll see if Freedom class is best.

The Voyager Class ships are incredable. These ships include Voyager, Adventure, Navigator, Explorer, and Mariner Of The Seas. They have many wonderful ammenities, including an ice skating rink, putt putt golf, full basketball court, rock climbing wall, in-line skating track, and specialty restaurants. They are for the most part cheaper than going on the Freedom Class ships. The Adventure Of The Seas also does the Southern Caribbean leaving out of San Juan and stopping at many of the most beautiful ports in the caribbean, including St. Lucia. I have been on the Mariner Of The Seas 2 times and I must say both times were just sensational and exceeded all of my expectations. You can not go wrong on any of these ships for the value and the fun!

If you want a gorgeous ship you can't go wrong with any of the Radiance Class, with all the glass and the beautiful views. You also get miniature golf, self-leveling pool table, rock climbing wall,adults only solarium, etc.

If you want more of the bells and whistles like the ice skating rink and or the flowrider, then you need to go to the Voyager or Freedom class

I prefer the Radiance class, they are large enough to have a ton of stuff to do, but small enough to go some of the more out of the way places like the Panama Canal and Alaska.

My favorite Royal Caribbean ships are Radiance Class ships, specifically the Serenade of the Seas. The Southern Caribbean itinerary that includes St. Thomas, St. Martin, St. Lucia, Antigua, & Barbados is the best ship/itinerary combination I've ever experienced!! The ship is stunning and there is so much to do onboard, and the islands that it visits are awesome. Good luck w/your decision!

Laura

My favorite Royal Caribbean ships are Radiance Class ships, specifically the Serenade of the Seas. The Southern Caribbean itinerary that includes St. Thomas, St. Martin, St. Lucia, Antigua, & Barbados is the best ship/itinerary combination I've ever experienced!! The ship is stunning and there is so much to do onboard, and the islands that it visits are awesome. Good luck w/your decision!

Laura

I'll be on that itinerary on Adventure in a couple of weeks. Really looking forward to it.

LOVED the Freedom last year probably more so since we took the kids and it's a great family ship with H2O zone, AO, flowrider, etc. It was a big big hit and our OS was huge..

I do like the Voyager class too. Haven't yet tried a Radiance class so I'll be interested to see the differences. Any suggestions on specific ship? I was thinking of something Caribbean but more off the beaten path.

If you want a gorgeous ship you can't go wrong with any of the Radiance Class, with all the glass and the beautiful views. You also get miniature golf, self-leveling pool table, rock climbing wall,adults only solarium, etc.

If you want more of the bells and whistles like the ice skating rink and or the flowrider, then you need to go to the Voyager or Freedom class

I prefer the Radiance class, they are large enough to have a ton of stuff to do, but small enough to go some of the more out of the way places like the Panama Canal and Alaska.

Ditto. Love the 'Radiance' and the 'Serenade' and enjoyed the 'Voyager' too! :)

I have sailed Voyager of the Seas and Freedom of the Seas and will do Liberty of the Seas in January. I have not done any of the smaller RCI ships but have sailed same size ships on other lines. I prefer the Freedom class first then Voyager class. The flowrider is only found on Freedom class ships and the ice rink only on Freedom and Voyager class ships. Freedom class also has fresh water pools.

Thanks...this is really helpful. You someone mentioned specialty restaurants...is there a charge for these (like on other ships I haved encountered) if so how much? Again, thanks everyone.

the Radiance class has both Chops, which is a steak house and Portofino which is Italian. It is a 20$pp charge and sooooooooo worth it!!! On the Voyager class it depends which ship your are talking about for example Explorer only has Portofino but some of the others have both, though I don't remember which ones.

yes, there is a charge, but it is a little different from ship to ship. I know on Serenade it was $20, but I think on some of them it might be $25

I will second the fact that we love the Southern Route - STT, St Maarten, Antigua, St Lucia and Barbados. We have been on both the Radiance and Voyager class ships and love them both for different reasons. I don't think you can go wrong with either class, so I would look at the itineraries and decide which ports you want and then decide with Royal ship to go on. We try Liberty next year and can't wait. We were on her Pre-Inaugural and thought it was fantastic so looking forward to spending a week on her

We are true Royal Caribbean fans and really don't think you will be sorry with any other her ships. Enjoy your research!

This is a toss up between the Radiance and the Explorer...both are beautiful ships...Radiance is smaller, more intimate and has the Seaview Cafe, where Explorer is bigger with the promanade and Johnny Rockets...

I guess I would have to flip a coin...Ahoy mates!

Hi all. Sorry, if this has been asked a lot, but my searches didn't come up with anything. This is my very first time on the RCI board.

My husband and are thinking about trying Royal Caribbean next (but I know really nothing about it) So, I am wondering, what is your favorite ship...and why??

Thanks for all you help.:)

So I've only been on two cruises. My favorite so far is Vision. But I want to cruise on Radiance, Voyager, and Freedom.

Not sure if I'll want to go on that new 6,000 passenger ship. That's just too many people!

Had a great trip on Sovreign. Very relaxing week on the Zaandam. Beautiful time on the Navigator. Complete and total crazy good time on Mariner. Fun three days on Majesty. Can't pick a favorite. Each was different and fun in its own unique way. Can't wait for Adventure!! Pick one and then just go have a blast. Jim

Archived