High Seas Romance Gift Set?-Cabin Delivery?

parrotthead

Has anyone ordered the "High Seas Romance Gift Set"

from Carnival Gift delivery department?

I think it is the same as the "HoneyMoon" and "Anniversery" gift set?

I was wondering if you enjoyed it? And does anyone know how large the 'terry bath robes' are? I know the Tshirts are XL only. Thats fine. Also the Champagne glasses are they the ones that are etched with the word 'romance' on them?

Any suggestions/comments would be most appericiated!

Thanks

Anyone?

I am wondering if this is worth it or not, it seems to be a good deal. It includes 2 bathrobes, 2 Tshirts, 2 visors, photo credit and a bottle of Korbel sparkling wine and 2 'fluted glasses' for under $80.

Sounds good, but I dont wanna spend the money and be disappointed.

Has anyone ordered the "High Seas Romance Gift Set"

from Carnival Gift delivery department?

I think it is the same as the "HoneyMoon" and "Anniversery" gift set?

I was wondering if you enjoyed it? And does anyone know how large the 'terry bath robes' are? I know the Tshirts are XL only. Thats fine. Also the Champagne glasses are they the ones that are etched with the word 'romance' on them?

Any suggestions/comments would be most appericiated!

Thanks

Yes, we got that when we were on the Holiday. I truly think we were the only one that had ever ordered it as it took them three days to get it right. First they only gave us the bottle of wine. The candy came in this tiny box with one of the pieces gone. They finally got it all together and for our screwing it up so bad, some free photos, a huge meat/cheese/fruit basket. Our glasses were etched "anniversary". They were not including the robes, we were lucky to get what we got LOL, but they are very large if they are the same ones that are in the Staterooms. And your right the T-shirts are X-Large.

Thanks pegs.

The gift set I was looking at did not come with candy. Wonder if they changed it or what? (I mean its ok, we dont need more food on a cruise) ;)

I think this would be a cute little suprise for my sweetie, since this will be her first Cruise *ever*.

I just might go for it.

Hope it doesnt take them 3 days to deliver it tho! ;)

We have gotten them in the past and I just looked it up on Carnival's website. There are not terrycloth robes included. We received two shirts and visors, bar & photo coupons, champagne, glasses and it used to be a camera, but according to the website, it's now a beach towel. It was a great gift and well worth the money. Figure the bar coupons are worth $20.00 and the photo coupon $15.00, Korbel on their site is $28.95 & beach towel is $17.95. It's well worth it and we still have our glasses. It is a very nice gift and we loved it. We would love to get it anytime!

This is the one Im looking at:

High Seas Romance Gift Set

Inside our colorful Carnival "high seas" gift box, couples will find two Carnival logo Pocket T-shirts with two matching visors. This gift continues with our plush Carnival logo terrycloth beach towel, a bar credit (four drink coupons) and a Photo Coupon. Plus, a bottle of Korbel Champagne and two engraved champagne flutes to mark your special occasion. (Both T-Shirts available in Size X-Large only).

Price: $78.95

Item #7W8

Here is the additional info about it:

Also try our Romantic High Seas Gift. Inside our colorful Carnival gift box, couples will find: Carnival Souvenir T-shirts and visors (two each), a bottle of sparkling wine with two engraved flutes (your choice of Honeymoon, Anniversary or Romance) and a reusable flash camera, plus bar credits and photo coupon. These great ideas will add that "Special Touch" to those once in a life time occasions

It is a bit confusing. I see now I must have just 'read' terry robes it does say beach towels. (wishful thinking) it does mention the camera, towels and photo coupon. So, not too sure what they give. ;)

But your right , if you add up just a few of the items it does seem well worth it. Thanks

Thanks pegs.

The gift set I was looking at did not come with candy. Wonder if they changed it or what? (I mean its ok, we dont need more food on a cruise) ;)

I think this would be a cute little suprise for my sweetie, since this will be her first Cruise *ever*.

I just might go for it.

Hope it doesnt take them 3 days to deliver it tho! ;)

Enjoy your cruise and I hope your sweetie enjoys her surprise.

They probably ran out of candy LOL. I have to admit I was not happy about it but they did make up for it. Perhaps you are getting the photos instead of the candy as we did not get those until after they kept messing up. After a while it was getting quite comical. The Pursers office kept calling us and asking us if everything arrived, we kept saying no. I think they were getting more frustrated than we were by day three.

Have a wonderful cruise, your sweetie and are going to love it.

This is the one Im looking at:

High Seas Romance Gift Set

Inside our colorful Carnival "high seas" gift box, couples will find two Carnival logo Pocket T-shirts with two matching visors. This gift continues with our plush Carnival logo terrycloth beach towel, a bar credit (four drink coupons) and a Photo Coupon. Plus, a bottle of Korbel Champagne and two engraved champagne flutes to mark your special occasion. (Both T-Shirts available in Size X-Large only).

Price: $78.95

Item #7W8

Here is the additional info about it:

Also try our Romantic High Seas Gift. Inside our colorful Carnival gift box, couples will find: Carnival Souvenir T-shirts and visors (two each), a bottle of sparkling wine with two engraved flutes (your choice of Honeymoon, Anniversary or Romance) and a reusable flash camera, plus bar credits and photo coupon. These great ideas will add that "Special Touch" to those once in a life time occasions

I say go for it! I'm sure she will love it. I know I would be really surprised if my hubby did this for me. Even if they messed up the order, and we only got part of it like Pegs, I would think it was wonderful that he even thought of it. It's the thought that counts after all! ;) And it sounds like if you mention that they got the order wrong, they will do their best to correct it anyway.

Go for it! And I hope the two of you have a great time on your first cruise together! :)

My husband ordered something like this for me on our anniversary cruise. Ours did not come with robes though. It did have the T-shirts and the visor. We had drink coupons and some other stuff??? Cant remember, but one thing that I will say is that the beach towel faded all over my husbands white T-shirt. So be careful and wash it before you use it. LOL

Hope you enjoy your cruise!

Texasrosebud

In case my hubby is browsing the boards tonight...I'll take one of the "Lets Get Pampered" baskets :p ;)

How lucky your sweetie is to have you. You obviously care about her a great deal and are going out of your way to make her first cruise special. :)

I ordered the Anniversary Gift set on my cruise in May. It was very nice. My wife really enjoyed it. It is the same as the Romance and Honeymoon set... the only difference is the engraving on the champagne flutes.

I believe it is a terrycloth beach towel... not a robe. The towel is very nice.

The champagne was nice at dinner.

I think you get a lot for the money... and it was a nice surprice waiting for my Wife when we arrived in our cabin the first day.

I highly recommend it.

TRB, Thanks for the tip. I would not be happy with blue dye all over thing. ;)

Pegs, if you got candy with one piece gone, I hope we dont get a camera with one picture already taken :eek:

Carm, Thanks. I think she is gonna love cruising and be hooked just like me. She is already getting excieted. So much so, that she 'let' me book another cruise already, we will be back on the Ecstacy in Sept!!

Hoorah!

VMan, I think you are right!

I say go for it! I'm sure she will love it. I know I would be really surprised if my hubby did this for me. Even if they messed up the order, and we only got part of it like Pegs, I would think it was wonderful that he even thought of it. It's the thought that counts after all! ;) And it sounds like if you mention that they got the order wrong, they will do their best to correct it anyway.

Go for it! And I hope the two of you have a great time on your first cruise together! :)

I think he should go for it too. It was very special when it was all said and done.

I was the one that ordered our very special gift. I swear if my DH had done anything remotely like that, I would have died on the spot :( . I ordered this and the room decorations and to this day he thinks our children did it :eek: As I have said before, I doubt he even knows how to spell romance. So to all the men, the very romantic men on this board, I salute you, your very special :D .

:D

I think he should go for it too. It was very special when it was all said and done.

I was the one that ordered our very special gift. I swear if my DH had done anything remotely like that, I would have died on the spot :( . I ordered this and the room decorations and to this day he thinks our children did it :eek: As I have said before, I doubt he even knows how to spell romance. So to all the men, the very romantic men on this board, I salute you, your very special :D .

Pegs - Maybe we should just order things for each other on our upcoming cruises! :p :D

I wonder how many men actually would think of this? I see that of the posters on this thread only 2 men thought of it. (Vman and TexasRoseBud's husband) I think us girls are more likely to think of ways to make things special. JMO.

I think you are right...but to be fair, maybe there are guys who think about it, but they aren't on the boards??? :rolleyes:

But really, I think that they don't think about stuff like that. I know my husband would think just going on the cruise together was special enough - no need for frills.:cool:

:D

Pegs - Maybe we should just order things for each other on our upcoming cruises! :p :D

Sounds like a plan Carm :D . I am going to order the decorations for our friends and probably us too. I will just let Mike think our kids ordered it again.

Sounds like a plan Carm :D . I am going to order the decorations for our friends and probably us too. I will just let Mike think our kids ordered it again.

Well, now I can't send you stuff if you are ordering it too! Mike might get suspicious when your cabin is decked out with every gift imaginable...He might think you have a secret boyfriend on the side or something. Not good for him to think that on your anniversary cruise! :p

Archived