Hyatt Regency Santiago

Keith1010

Keith: we stayed there last December-wonderful hotel but not terribly close to museums or restaurants. We arranged a private tour of the city - a half-day deal which covered the highlights very nicely. When we returned late afternoon, they were serving high tea and it was excellent-a very nice touch. We were stuffed so we skipped dinner. The next morning, we had the buffet and it was very good-lots of variety. The room was spacious and very comfortable, with great decor'. I would definitely stay there again. Hope this helps!

Keith
The Santiago Hyatt was one of the better hotels that I have stayed at. The interior is awe inspiring and our room was equiped with a sunken living room. It is within walking distance of a large mall, which was handy for us since our luggage arrived two days late. As I remember the food was excellent and the morning breakfast were top rate.
All the best!
Labe

• 1 month later...
Mjoegordon and Bill S....Each of you mentioned that you took a private grude or a private tour. Did you make arrangements ahead of time or did you make the arrangements through the hotel upon arrival. My wife and I will have two days in Santiago prior to the cruise, so we're trying to plan what we should do each day.

Any advice you have would be appreciated.

Keith

Keith: I found our guide/tour service on the internet. I just ran some Google searches using "Santiago tours" and found a company (but I don't remember which one) that had all kinds of tours, both in-city and day trips outside Santiago. It worked out well: we scheduled our half-day tour for the afternoon we arrived and the tour guide was prompt and we had a great tour, just us, the driver and guide.

• 1 month later...
Howard B when I was younger I did do it on my own all the time. Unfortunately I now have CHF and not able to get around like I used to. On this trip I need to get from Valpo to the airport in Santiago and along the way meet a friend who does not drive who is going to show us the sights. I cannot do this on a bus with the luggage. But I remember when I did and it was wonderful, wish I still could!

Archived