Taxis with Car Seats in Miami?

Host Jacquelyn

Take your own travel one. This is what I use. Cheap and it folds FLAT in the luggage.

http://www.amazon.com/Eddie-Bauer-Portable-Bryant-Collection/dp/B000K53TFI/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-8668555-4269416?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1189138635&sr=8-1

And they do ask you if you have a car seat when you try to get a taxi in Miami.

Thanks, Michele! Our kids are both just around 40 lbs, so we were thinking about boosters, if we chose to take our own. Since we are Park n Flying to the home airport, we thought we would arrange a cab in Miami with carseats. Taking our own carseats / boosters is another option, but I also wanted to see what I could arrange from the airport.

Thanks, Michele! Our kids are both just around 40 lbs, so we were thinking about boosters, if we chose to take our own. Since we are Park n Flying to the home airport, we thought we would arrange a cab in Miami with carseats. Taking our own carseats / boosters is another option, but I also wanted to see what I could arrange from the airport.

What about the turbo booster? It's backless and lightweight and pretty inexpensive. You can check it at the gate.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-2/qid=1190435809/ref=sr_1_2/602-6855973-8950226?ie=UTF8&asin=B000E0KN94

This is what we're taking for our 3yo. It's my 6yos regular carseat, but he won't be using one in Florida. Yes I know he's supposed to be 4, but this is what we're doing since we're only in the cab to the hotel and then to the pier then back to the airport. This is small enough to pack in a suitcase if you have the room or the airline will bag it for you and check it with luggage. And it's not so big to lug around.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-2/qid=1190435809/ref=sr_1_2/602-6855973-8950226?ie=UTF8&asin=B000E0KN94

This is what we're taking for our 3yo. It's my 6yos regular carseat, but he won't be using one in Florida. Yes I know he's supposed to be 4, but this is what we're doing since we're only in the cab to the hotel and then to the pier then back to the airport. This is small enough to pack in a suitcase if you have the room or the airline will bag it for you and check it with luggage. And it's not so big to lug around.

Yep that's what I mentioned in my post above, the turbo booster. They're great. It's what I use for my 7 year old in one of our cars. It's lightweight enough to carry around and it works for anyone over 40lbs and 40" tall.

My 3.5 year old though is 27lbs and 36" so that poor kid will be stuck in a 5pt harness forever...lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived