Cheesecake on Carnival?

JessH

As much as I loved the food on my recent Glory cruise, the cheesecake offered was dismal. The ones on the Lido were like eating a foam sponge, weird texture and no flavor. The cheesecake in the dining room was marginally better, but still pretty disappointing. My friend said that the cheesecake dessert in the supper club was good, but not what he really considered cheesecake.

For the record I enjoy New York style cheesecake, thick, fairly dense and pleasantly sweet, in my opinion a good cheesecake can stand alone without any fruity toppings. We have a restaurant here in Raleigh NC that serves Carnegie Deli cheesecake that they have shipped from NY, it is awesome.

MAC

As much as I loved the food on my recent Glory cruise, the cheesecake offered was dismal. The ones on the Lido were like eating a foam sponge, weird texture and no flavor. The cheesecake in the dining room was marginally better, but still pretty disappointing. My friend said that the cheesecake dessert in the supper club was good, but not what he really considered cheesecake.

For the record I enjoy New York style cheesecake, thick, fairly dense and pleasantly sweet, in my opinion a good cheesecake can stand alone without any fruity toppings. We have a restaurant here in Raleigh NC that serves Carnegie Deli cheesecake that they have shipped from NY, it is awesome.

MAC

YUMMMMMMMMMM:) :) :) :) :)

I'm a big cheesecake fan, and I have to say that the ones served in the dining room are just average...neither good nor bad. But the ones you can buy at the onboard coffee shop are the BEST I have ever tasted. You get a HUGE slice for $2.50....big enough to share, if you can stand to part with some of it. It's a good thing they don't keep those strawberry cheesecakes out all the time, because I could eat my weight in them..... Between those and the frozen yogurt on the Lido deck...... Oh my!! There goes the diet! :rolleyes:

As someone else mentioned, that cappuchino pie is also fabulous. The chocolate melting cake is OK, but I don't like it as well as most people here do. Then again, I am not a chocolate fan. I love the creme brulee'. (Pardon my spelling!)

I love the bitter and blanc! Haven't seen that in a bit! And melting cake too!

Cheesecake on board is hit and miss... I've had fantastic cheesecake for dessert in the dining room, and others that tasted like it was just tasteless jello (it even wiggled). The worst ever was the Elation in 2005-it did not have a cheesecake texture at all.

I've always denied myself the desserts you have to pay for, but maybe I'll indulge this time. :)

Also try ordering the "dessert of the day" from room service - for some reason on our cruise last week, each day this was the same cheesecake, and it was DELICIOUS. Not at all like the dry stuff on the Lido Deck. It was served in a small square ( hint - order TWO ) with a graham cracker crust, a dab of whipped cream, and a little cup of strawberry sauce. We ordered a few each night with our BLTs and bean wraps, and it truthfully was better than most of the other desserts we had throughout the cruise (with the exception of the warm chocolate melting cake, of course). In the past, the room service dessert of the day was leftover dessert from the lido deck - we were very pleasantly surprised with the yummy cheesecake.

I didn't like the room service cheesecake at all. So much so that I didn't even bother to try it in the dining room.

The bread pudding is awesome. My husband raved over the Grand Marnier souflle and the Creme Brulee. They were both too eggy for my tastes, but that's just me. The tiramasu was good, but not the best I've ever had.

Archived