CB Shopping Show

linaka625

I am leaving on Sunday for my first cruise on the CB. I saw in the Princess Patters that one day there is a Shopping SHow, and the next day, and Gemstone Show. They give away a free charm bracelet or pink sapphire pendant for attending. Are either of these shows worthwhile?

I am leaving on Sunday for my first cruise on the CB. I saw in the Princess Patters that one day there is a Shopping SHow, and the next day, and Gemstone Show. They give away a free charm bracelet or pink sapphire pendant for attending. Are either of these shows worthwhile?

I guess, sort of. As for the charm bracelet you can get the coupon as you exit the the ship. It is for a free charm bracelet at Diamonds International (DI). They give you the charm braclet and a card with the names of other islands with participating DI shops. As you go to the other ilands you get charms for the braclet. It's nothing fancy but kind of cute. If you decide to do it when you get your charm bracelet on the first island ask about the charm. They will normally let you buy one for $5.

Sit in the very front because many times they throw out T-shirts and stuff. Sit in the back if you want to scoot out early.

It depends on you. They try to hype up the shopping and the sales and then put a heavy push to shop at several recommended stores. Just remember that these recommended stores are paying a good fee to be recommended.

Its basicly a slick commercial. Be aware of that and know that going in.

As for the bracelets. They're cute, not junk, but also not that good quality. I personally wouldn't wear one, but when we had my 3 daughters with us on their first cruise we got the bracelets and stopped at each island for a charm to the bracelet as a keepsake.

It's worth it if you plan on shopping on the Islands. Usually they will give you a shopping map. I sometimes run in at the end and just grab the map. You can always catch the talk on TV in your room later.

It's worth it if you plan on shopping on the Islands. Usually they will give you a shopping map. I sometimes run in at the end and just grab the map. You can always catch the talk on TV in your room later.

They also have the maps by the excursion counters and often will include them in the daily patters. After our first cruise, we never went to the shopping show, but did always get a map at the excursion desk. No need to go to the show for the map.

I never go to the shows anymore. I just watch them on the TV whenever I'm in the cabin to do so. All they do is push certain stores, Diamonds International, Tanzinite International, investment pieces.

For someone like me, who has to scrape enough together just to get an inside cabin, it'a a waste of my time just sitting there and listening to the professional shopper talk about shopping. I can always find something better to do! :)

If you do go to the shopping show, I would not recommend spending the money to but the shopping/coupon catalog that they sell. It contains coupons and offers that you can usually find either at the excursion desk or in port.

Think back to the times when your young children were watching Saturday morning kiddie-junk on TV, and the commercials were designed to make them demand certain toys or junk breakfast cereals. The shopping talks on Princess are the adult version. You can have a very nice cruise without buying jewelry, especially at a tourist trap. Princess will hawk chains by the inch (plated), T shirts, "art" (beware!), overpriced costume jewelry (Buy it on e-bay for much less!), and all kinds of knick-knacks you don't need. Don't buy anything onboard, unless it is the last day of the cruise, and you have thought it over. If you want to check their mark-up, just go price asperin at the ship convenience store!:eek: All this is to help supplement the bargain price you are paying for a truly fabulous vacation. Have a good trip, and hold on to your credit card!:)

The $20-$25 coupon book Princess hawks at their shopping talks is the Savvy Traveler. Look carefully at the offers and expiration dates! Here's the gold/silver tone :rolleyes: bracelet you can buy online complete with 22 charms for $34.99. Or buy the book and collect the individual charms yourself in various different ports:

2203478_df.jpg

http://www.shopdi.com/Caribbean-Diamond-Charm-Bracelet-includes-22-charms/pd/re/p15361.cfm#

Archived