Free Samsonite Luggage, $75-$100 SBC - $25 SBC for late brochure - What's going on??

GottoCruise

Our promotional campaign OBC was earned on 8/21/07, with an 11/30/08 expiration date, and we booked in July. After a rousing (cough) slew of phone calls and faxes over two days, we got the OBCs applied to our booking. And I have a booking confirmation that reflects it. :)

What status does one have to have with Princess to have gotten this promotional offer? I'm booked for my second cruise with Princess and have never been offered anything :(

What status does one have to have with Princess to have gotten this promotional offer? I'm booked for my second cruise with Princess and have never been offered anything :(

We are about to take our 21st cruise with Princess, so don't feel bad, we received nothing just as you did, or should that be didn't? :(

I just checked my mom's account and it shows a promo code starting with T and ending with 67. No explanation of what it is or what it's for or how much. Also says earned 8/21/07 and book by 11/30. ??? Anyone else get the promo ending in 67?
I just checked my account and I have that one too as well as the one ending in 68. No money amount in the 67 one.

Hey Princess, What's going on?

JMF123, did you both get the promo code or did just one of you get it and then it was applied to both on the booking?

We both received the promo code and it was applied for both of us. This is our first Princess cruise, does anyone recall a similar offering from the cruiseline that caused such confusion and problems? :confused:

I received the free luggage promo in an email the day after I booked my cruise. I booked at the beginning of the week for March. Called to have them apply and the rep told me it was already on my ressie. Now I want the other good too. Yes, call me greedy!

Our promotional campaign OBC was earned on 8/21/07, with an 11/30/08 expiration date, and we booked in July. After a rousing (cough) slew of phone calls and faxes over two days, we got the OBCs applied to our booking. And I have a booking confirmation that reflects it. :)

JMF

We had the exact situation though we are cruising in 2 weeks and i am losing energy to continue the battle but i am wondering if you would share what appraoch you used with Princess to get the OBC. My TA is willing to continue this fight but she did say the gentleman she spoke with wouldn't budge since we did book outside of the "earned " date..also in July.

First princess cruise and it would make me quite happy to start it with a OBC

Where does the promo code show up in the Personalizer?

It seems for those that it is showing up, it would be under your 'Circle Savings Account' when you hit the 'VIEW DETAILS'. We have nothing showing up that shouldn't be there, best of luck, maybe you will have it.

Hi Sue,

We both have the $25 for a late brochure?? That has been applied to a cruise for next year, I'd love to have it in November, but won't look the gift horse in the mouth. We have not received any T0000067 or 68 SBC at all. Things like this are confusing to say the least. Like you, we have 24 Princess cruises and are pretty much taken for granted. I think they like to upgrade and gift to lure new business. Guess our perks should keep us happy enough? I like to keep my eye open though, if it's out there, I want some, too.

Hi Sue,

We both have the $25 for a late brochure?? That has been applied to a cruise for next year, I'd love to have it in November, but won't look the gift horse in the mouth. We have not received any T0000067 or 68 SBC at all. Things like this are confusing to say the least. Like you, we have 24 Princess cruises and are pretty much taken for granted. I think they like to upgrade and gift to lure new business. Guess our perks should keep us happy enough? I like to keep my eye open though, if it's out there, I want some, too.

Good for you Alice, glad to see they gave you the credit. We show absolutely nothing at all. :( As you said, us old timers are often overlooked as they know they have us hooked. LOL It is nice to see that someone with over 20 Princess cruises was actually given the credit.

They applied a very very large credit to our next cruise for the second Sea Princess cruise (in 2006) we had problems with, so maybe they decided they had given us enough for now. LOL

i just got off phone with princess and they added free luggage to my booking.This my first time with princess and I did get the flyer in the mail,after I booked. I called after seeing your post.

The agent told me that the luggage will be delivered to your home after final payment is made and only people that recieved the flyer are allowed to recieve

I just checked with Princess because I have the T0000067 code in my Circle Savings Account under SBC. Will have to call Captain Circle on Monday to find out what it means. However, in checking , reservations discovered I was also eligible for the luggage (new booking before November 30) even though I had received nothing from Princess about it.

Toto,(and anyone else) a phone call to Princess might present you with a surprise. It did me.

Barbara

The agent told me that the luggage will be delivered to your home after final payment is made and only people that recieved the flyer are allowed to recieve

Weird. The agent told me the luggage would be in my cabin once we got on the ship???

JMF

We had the exact situation though we are cruising in 2 weeks and i am losing energy to continue the battle but i am wondering if you would share what appraoch you used with Princess to get the OBC. My TA is willing to continue this fight but she did say the gentleman she spoke with wouldn't budge since we did book outside of the "earned " date..also in July.

First princess cruise and it would make me quite happy to start it with a OBC

I am also new to Princess and was excited to see the OBC showing. I spoke with a few reps over two days, faxing the circle saving acct page, and was told of computer glitches, etc. I calmly explained to the last rep that the OBC status showed 'active', not 'pending'...and I didn't see anywhere that it was only for a future cruise.

I was advised that it was for new bookings only, and that an exception was made by the customer relations rep. It's great to have the OBC but unfortunate that there is such confusion for guests, TAs and reps.

I just checked and we have the luggage showing on our cruise personalizer and the promotion code starting with a T and ending with a 67 but with no $$ listed. I just called Princess and never got an answer regarding what this T-67 promotion is, but she said we had onboard credit of $125.pp. She couldn't say where this originated and said she couldn't provide me with any type of proof, i.e., e-mail confirmation, or number, and it doesn't show up on our cruise personalizer. I am very worried that there won't be any evidence of this credit when we board despite her promise that we wouldn't have any problem. Anyone have this experience or advice?

Thanks,

Circee

Weird. The agent told me the luggage would be in my cabin once we got on the ship???

That would be pretty hard to do since most people fly and if they already had the maximum amount of luggage checked, well, there would be some problems with this one. Gotta love Princess CSR's some really have no idea what is going on.

So, please tell me, what are we talking about here with luggage. A carry on, a set? Just curious since I didn't get any of these promotions. I can see it now, lots of new luggage sales on ebay in the near future. LOL

I just called PCL and the rep said:rolleyes: "the luggage promo was a flyer sent to a select group, and the flyer/offer # is attached to their Captains circle number. It is for those who got it only, not everyone, and they have to book a 2008 cruise before November 30th to get the luggage".

That would be pretty hard to do since most people fly and if they already had the maximum amount of luggage checked, well, there would be some problems with this one. Gotta love Princess CSR's some really have no idea what is going on.

So, please tell me, what are we talking about here with luggage. A carry on, a set? Just curious since I didn't get any of these promotions. I can see it now, lots of new luggage sales on ebay in the near future. LOL

LOL @ Toto~Yeah, they probably send you a floaty keychain with it!:D

Here is a new mystery. T0000067 has just been removed from my Circle Savings under SBC and substituted with code 01013625 eff. 9/22/07 w/book by 11/30/07 and no amount but showing active. I will call Captain's Circle on Monday, but wonder who is messing around with my account on the weekend.

Barbara

I just checked my mom's account and it shows a promo code starting with T and ending with 67. No explanation of what it is or what it's for or how much. Also says earned 8/21/07 and book by 11/30. ??? Anyone else get the promo ending in 67?

OK, I just got off the phone with Princess and pretended to be my mom. I was told that the promo ending in 67 was for the free Samsonite luggage that is worth $365. The luggage is delivered to the home 60 days prior to departure. Now, if I could only get my mom's promo, that would be great. Unfortunately, she is no longer able to cruise.

The T0000067 (luggage) just popped up today in some of my family's accounts................so I guess it's a good idea to check in w/Capt. Circle almost daily! What a chore - I'm doing the 'scut' work for 17 family members!!! Some have 1 or another of the Promos - Some have 'BOTH' and some have NONE!!!

All of the first time cruisers have gotten a Promo...$$ and/or luggage! :rolleyes:

I'll just have to keep checking as I recognize some experienced cruisers who have gottem these Promos...........

Renee

Archived