Free Samsonite Luggage, $75-$100 SBC - $25 SBC for late brochure - What's going on??

GottoCruise

Thanks so much cruise critic members- I just checked out the princess site and YES there was the code for the free luggage. My TA just called me back and I'll be getting a new suitcase. :D

I've got the code, but I don't know where to enter it to see if I do or don't get it. I am getting the OBC and bottle of wine, that comes from the company I booked with (the one I work for btw) even my boss doesn't have a clue about this. He is the one that gave me the code though.

Nita

I've got the code, but I don't know where to enter it to see if I do or don't get it. I am getting the OBC and bottle of wine, that comes from the company I booked with (the one I work for btw) even my boss doesn't have a clue about this. He is the one that gave me the code though.

Nita

maybe it's time to get a new TA. mine got it for me automatically and an OBC to boot. i didn't even have to ask.

• 2 weeks later...
maybe it's time to get a new TA. mine got it for me automatically and an OBC to boot. i didn't even have to ask.

Interesting that "V" (KK sister) got you BOTH Promos ----I was told my 'family (1st time" cruisers only) had to choose between the Goldmine and the Luggage Promos even tho some got oferred both???? :confused:

Renee (GotToCruise)

I also received the $25 additional on-board credit. My hubby did too -- although I know nothing about the luggage. Interesting - can't wait to find out something about that.

check your personalizer under 'travel summary' then 'my special services'. my luggage shows up there. says it will be delivered 2/18 - the day of the cruise. i hope it does not show up in the cabin, or some lucky local person will be getting a piece of luggage as a gift.

Thanks to all of you I logged onto Princess.com after reading about the mysterious on board credits and sure enough I had 75.00 and my husband had 75.00. I called Princess and they applied the 150.00 to my July 2008 cruise.

I am not a first time cruiser on Princess.

Thanks again!

I hope I'm not asking a question that someone else already has. I just booked a cruise and I also am showing in my Travel Summary from Princess that we will be receiving the Luggage-which is the last thing I need! Has anyone called Princess to see if they could get an OBC instead-and been successful?

The Princess rep told me that our friends (whom I book for) got an OBC, but we would be receiving luggage. I've checked our Circle account, but there's nothing there mentioning any type of luggage or other special deal. I guess I'll call Princess back and get more info - DH was going to get me luggage this year after our old 25" was put back together with duct tape after our last cruise.

I hope I'm not asking a question that someone else already has. I just booked a cruise and I also am showing in my Travel Summary from Princess that we will be receiving the Luggage-which is the last thing I need! Has anyone called Princess to see if they could get an OBC instead-and been successful?

I just booked yesterday, and tried exactly that -- I don't need luggage but sure would like $75 to spend on martinis! My reservationist checked with Customer Service or somebody and they said no. However, I'm not inclined to take that as a final answer and will probably call again on Monday and see if I can get someone who will say yes. I'll keep you posted if it works out.

you can check, but my gut feeling is NO WAY! regardless of the value of the luggage, remember the cruise line purchased it for almost nothing plus it is a promo for luggage, not OBC>

Nita

Nita, I think you are right on. I looked in Polar Online at my res to see if they had applied my Commodore renewal OBC yet, and they have the luggage on my Special Services page, asking if I want to pay the price with final or out of commission, and the price they have shown is $0.01.....so I told them to take it out of my commission, since my daughter is the booking agent, and I'm sure she won't miss the penny (if she does, I'll just give it to her).

Nita, I think you are right on. I looked in Polar Online at my res to see if they had applied my Commodore renewal OBC yet, and they have the luggage on my Special Services page, asking if I want to pay the price with final or out of commission, and the price they have shown is $0.01.....so I told them to take it out of my commission, since my daughter is the booking agent, and I'm sure she won't miss the penny (if she does, I'll just give it to her).
come on, give her a dime; she has to put up with her father as her client..LOL

Is this promo available for first time cruisers on Princess. I booked the CB for July 10,2008 when they had that one day sail for all cruise lines, I only had to put down $100 pp to hold the cruise and could apply the onboard credit they were giving at the time to reduce my cruise price.

Im a bit confused. Im not sure if what I got offered a couple of months ago is what is being offered now. I see nothing on my reservation form.

I guess I have to call my TA. I cant see any numbers on my reservation form. Im prolly not looking in the right places or its for past cruisers only.

Marge

Sailing the CB on July 10, 2008

The Promo is RANDOM and I was told for 1st time cruisers only - but it seems sme that are previous Princess cruuisers have also gotten it (posted here) so who know for sure?:rolleyes:

Shout out if you are a Princess cruiser and have gotten the luggage???

After reading all these posts I got my TA to call Princess and try and get us the OBC and the Luggage (booked a cruise with Princess for next summer 3 months ago) and guess what, they came back and said we could have the OBC and the luggage would be delivered to our home one month before the cruise. Thanks everyone.

After reading all these posts I got my TA to call Princess and try and get us the OBC and the Luggage (booked a cruise with Princess for next summer 3 months ago) and guess what, they came back and said we could have the OBC and the luggage would be delivered to our home one month before the cruise. Thanks everyone.

Penncruise - I just don't have the energy to go over this AGAIN with Princess and my TA.....I truly think she did the best she could and everyone who got both offers ( Goldmine & Luggage) had to choose only (1) Promo. Do you know if your $100 pp was a "Goldmine" Promo or 'other' ? (from Princess)??

You might have gotten another Promo that's out there??? Are you a first time Princess cruiser?? Is your cruise for Summer 2009??? I believe this Goldmine Promo was for 2008 cruises and to be booked before Nov. 30. ???

Don-d - As soon as you book, Princess assigns you a Capt. Circle number It should be on your booking receipt from your TA or Princess. It will not be 'active' until you cruise....but is available for Promos....Ask for the number.......

My TA called Princess again, and none of those codes listed earlier in the post were recognized. Princess suggested, that I make a copy of the luggage promo and the obc credit promo and either mail or fax it to them. They said that Princess is the one that sends out the promos to the passengers, once they sail at least one time. This is not a good start for a first time cruiser on Princess. This is very discerning to say the least. I met the booking requirements but dont have the "promo" mailing to back it up. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
The Promo is RANDOM and I was told for 1st time cruisers only - but it seems sme that are previous Princess cruuisers have also gotten it (posted here) so who know for sure?:rolleyes:

Shout out if you are a Princess cruiser and have gotten the luggage???

Hi!

I am a (past passenger) platinum member and was offered the promo on the luggage. I called yesterday just to check since I don't see it on the personalizer. The rep told me that indeed the DH and I would receive the 24" piece of luggage prior to sailing. She said it would be black. Has anyone out there received their's yet?

Thanks for responding,

Kaye

Hi!

I am a (past passenger) platinum member and was offered the promo on the luggage. I called yesterday just to check since I don't see it on the personalizer. The rep told me that indeed the DH and I would receive the 24" piece of luggage prior to sailing. She said it would be black. Has anyone out there received their's yet?

Thanks for responding,

Kaye

Good Luck and let us know when/if you receive the luggage! We are all waiting anxiously to see just what this luggage looks like!!

I understood it is a BLUE 25' Expandable Samsonite "Outline" Series and only (1) pc., to a cabin. :confused:

• 3 weeks later...

I am a Commodore with Princess(Elite, TA), so therefore a past passenger. I did not have any promos in my Captains Circle account. I found that I had the luggage in my special services, so I called to ask what it was and was informed that it was a gift from the Captains Circle and would be delivered 30 days prior to sailing. I am sailing on Saturday and the luggage has not yet arrived so I called Princess and was told that it is backordered and will be delivered around the 19th of January. Glad that I have alot of luggage. I too would prefer the $100 onboard credit but those promo codes did not appear either.

We should just be happy that we got something.

With regards to those that said that they are showing a bottle of wine or a $125 onboard credit, you could have been put into a group and those are the amenities being offered. Princess has been having Cruise Sales recently for groups and those are typical amenities during a sale. It works out great for you.. very lucky...ENJOY!!!

Archived