All Things Miracle!!!!

Sandi149

9 days before we go on the Miracle. We will celebrate or 48th anniversary and are looking forward to it We will be sailing with 9 couples, friends of ours. We have sailed on the Legend out of Port Everglades a few years ago with an obstructed view OV behind lifeboats, that was a enjoyable trip. We were seated with 3 other older couples (WW II vets) and had a ball.

My friend and I will also be on the Miracle October 30 - can hardly wait!

Here's my stupid Miracle question of the day...

looking at the pics of cabins (I'm in an extended balcony), there's this little table in front of the sofa. Is this thing bolted down or can it be moved? I can just see me getting up during the night and crashing into it! :eek:

You can also raise it up or down depending upon the height you want.

Hi Sandi, thanks for hanging in for all 21 pages of this thread.

We're sailing on the Christmas / New Years Cruise on the Miracle with DW, DS 14 & DS 18. We're all in the same balcony cabin that we have done on previous cruises but I haven't seen a pic with the bunks down, so if anyone has one to post let me know.

Also, there should be tons of teens on during this sailing but without a specific Club O2, where do they hang out? Ok last question for those who sail over new years, is there a club where the whole family can bring in the New Year?

Any other cruisers sailing with us can join our roll call http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=363036&page=20 or visit my web link below for more info.

Canuk

We are taking our 3 children (20,18,15), my mother and a close family friend on the miracle 5/1/08! this will be my 3rd cruise, husbands 2nd, but the first for all the others. Since this is my first carnival cruise I am wondering about, well, about everything! What kind of age groups can we expect. Can we expect many other teens, since this is during school.

Hi Sandi, thanks for hanging in for all 21 pages of this thread.

We're sailing on the Christmas / New Years Cruise on the Miracle with DW, DS 14 & DS 18. We're all in the same balcony cabin that we have done on previous cruises but I haven't seen a pic with the bunks down, so if anyone has one to post let me know.

Also, there should be tons of teens on during this sailing but without a specific Club O2, where do they hang out? Ok last question for those who sail over new years, is there a club where the whole family can bring in the New Year?

Any other cruisers sailing with us can join our roll call http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=363036&page=20 or visit my web link below for more info.

Canuk

For the room picture with the bunks, I forgot to mention we are on the Empress Deck, category 8D standard balcony, with the Square box in the deck plan. From Carnival this states "Twin Bed/King single convertable sofa and upper".

What I don't know is if the single sofa opens into the room space or if it is long enough for the person to be laying parallel to the wall.

We are taking our 3 children (20,18,15), my mother and a close family friend on the miracle 5/1/08! this will be my 3rd cruise, husbands 2nd, but the first for all the others. Since this is my first carnival cruise I am wondering about, well, about everything! What kind of age groups can we expect. Can we expect many other teens, since this is during school.

the age group really depends on the week of sailing. Usually during holidays and the summer there will be more children onboard. I sailed the Miracle the week of June 4th and up here in NYC and a lot of the metro area the schools are still in session so there were very few children. The average age on my cruise was between 40 and 70 with some even older than that. It just all depends.

For the room picture with the bunks, I forgot to mention we are on the Empress Deck, category 8D standard balcony, with the Square box in the deck plan. From Carnival this states "Twin Bed/King single convertable sofa and upper".

What I don't know is if the single sofa opens into the room space or if it is long enough for the person to be laying parallel to the wall.

It doesn't open up to a sofa bed like you think. They basically make up the couch with a sheet, blankets and pillows. I can't say if it's long enough though for an adult to sleep on it. Hopefully someone else will post on here how it was or you could do a search about the sofa beds and if you can't find anything, then just post a new thread about it.

I just want to thank everyone for all the info on the Miracle. One week from tomorrow we are sailing on her - first cruise & our honeymoon! :D

I booked the trip before finding CC. At the time we picked the Miracle because it fit perfectly into our schedule, and sounded like a fun trip. Now I really feel confident we made the right choice! :)

Now I just have to make it through the week, which won't be easy - starting to get very excited about the wedding and the trip!!!

Dear Miracle Fans, I just got back to NYC on Sat.from my CTN on the Miracle. Had a fantastic time. We had cabins 7200 and 7180 Verandah deck with extended balcony. It was cloudy all Fri with intermittent rain, but still had fun. The shows were great (Ticket to Ride and Generations) and the band at Frankie and Johnnies were terrific. I'm not the physical type, but the gym and spa are awesome! Even my elderly folks had fun there. The last night our waiter just handed us 2 extra lobster tail dinners!.We pigged out. Horatios lido buffet had a terrific selection of foods. You really have to spend time searching out all the food stations before you select. If you need something, just phone your steward.( I always ask for extra pillows and ice.) My only complaint is that there were no magazines or papers to read or buy. Also not enough variety of shops. Mostly cigarettes and booze. The ship was clean, well organized and friendly.The "mixed" decor all seems to work well. Would sail her again, (even as a past repeat QM2 cruiser) Im happy to answer any questions.

The "orange" sofa really wasn't that bad (and DH is usually "against" bright colors). It was a bit muted and blended very well with the decor. I agree that vinyl can be a bit "sticky" to sit on if you are sweaty/wet, and we just used the pool towels for that.

It is nice to know that the room stewards can use the anti-bacterial spray on these sofas to keep them clean. I like that idea a lot!

Perhaps this is not the best place to post this, but because it is "All Things Miracle", I'll give it a try.

My husband and I will be traveling with our 17-month old son on the Miracle in January. Does anyone know if the Miracle provides cribs? Or do they have pack-n-plays? If it's a pack-n-play, we may consider bringing our own.

Thanks!

having had a couple of those sofas in staterooms b/4, i can tell ya they are too small, except for maybe the sectionals in the suites.:p

I've not been fortunate enough to have been able to stay in a suite..yet ;)

Liv they are orange and I believe they are made of vinyl.:p

Here is a pic.

GOOD GOD...I certainly hope the cabins come with volume control....:eek:

now as to the vinyl...hmmm...could be slippery *makes note to bring some of that nonslip kitchen drawer stuff*...would hate to slip and bang my head against the wall.;) :D

Archived