All Things Miracle!!!!

Sandi149

I apologize for asking since I'm sure this has been covered elsewhere but my search is not working. How are the hairdryers on the Miracle. I'd really like to not have to pack mine if I don't have too. My hair is not long so as long as it's adequate it'll do for me. Thanks!

You don't need the search function in this case. Carnival's FAQ section has lots of info.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/FAQLanding.aspx

Yes, there are hair dryers, in a drawer by the vanity in the cabin, not in the bathroom.

Not very powerful, but I have baby-fine, short hair and don't really need one anyway. DD has enough hair for 4 people, but doesn't use a hair dryer, either.

Do you have to pay at the Fountainhead Cafe?

Yes, that is extra. I've never had it but friends of ours did and they say that they received a really big piece of cake for $2.00. The cappuccinos were also extra there but if you have them in the dining room, they are totally free.

For the person who asked about the mini golf, yes the Miracle has mini golf....it's on the very, very highest level of the ship. Some people said they thought it tough to find but if you go towards the front of the ship, same level as the funnel except the funnel is in the back. Only problem is that when the ship is moving it's so windy up there that playing was tough.

Yes you do have to pay for things at Fountain Head but it's worth it just for something a little extra. I got a latte in the main dining room for free every evening but the ones at Fountain head were better and their desserts are really good.

Thank you:D

Another? Are children allowed in the bar lounges? Say if my son is alseep, can we just hang out in there during the day with him?

Also, where on the ship can you get the best coffee? I have to have my 4 cups a day to keep me going:D

For the person who asked about the mini golf, yes the Miracle has mini golf....it's on the very, very highest level of the ship. Some people said they thought it tough to find but if you go towards the front of the ship, same level as the funnel except the funnel is in the back. Only problem is that when the ship is moving it's so windy up there that playing was tough.

That was me, thanks for the reply! My son was glad to hear this - something new to check out.

Are the cruises out of NY frequently windy? We are going middle of June but the if it tends to be be windy I'll pack warmer clothes for the beginning.

Do you have to pay at the Fountainhead Cafe?

ah, yep. but its not expenisve, milkshakes are fabulous. 5 choc strawberries were 3 bucks. (now are 1.00 each) when we go to a show we sometimes stop and grab a pc of cake.. the ones sold here are so much better that what we get for free in the dining room too. strawberry shortcake, cheese cake, black forrest cake-- yummmm

That was me, thanks for the reply! My son was glad to hear this - something new to check out.

Are the cruises out of NY frequently windy? We are going middle of June but the if it tends to be be windy I'll pack warmer clothes for the beginning.

It all depends on the weather. Last year on the Miracle, the second day was very windy but coming back up to NY it wasn't. You can't predict the weather ahead of time. You won't need very warm clothes. June is NY is warm and the further south you go it will get warmer.

Does anyone know if the Miracle has MSG and Versus in their sports bar?

I am a big hockey fan and the Devils and Rangers are playing each other in the playoffs when I will be on the cruise in April 2008.

I need to get my hockey fix.

It all depends on the weather. Last year on the Miracle, the second day was very windy but coming back up to NY it wasn't. You can't predict the weather ahead of time. You won't need very warm clothes. June is NY is warm and the further south you go it will get warmer.

Always pack a sweashirt just in case. I have found, even on summer sailings, that as soon as the ship is "out there" the wind picks up and it **can** get chilly. Esp. if you are up on deck at night or out on your balcony. Seems no matter what time of year, I am always cold at the deck party and I pack something with long sleeves for that.

Always pack a sweashirt just in case. I have found, even on summer sailings, that as soon as the ship is "out there" the wind picks up and it **can** get chilly. Esp. if you are up on deck at night or out on your balcony. Seems no matter what time of year, I am always cold at the deck party and I pack something with long sleeves for that.

Ohhh yeah a sweatshirt or a sweater cause the dining room gets cold but once they are in the Caribbean it's warm. Although the day we left last year (June 4th) it was raining here in NY but not cold.....maybe in the upper 60s or so.

I will definitely bring a sweatshirt for on deck.

So tell me besides the color pink, what is the theme of the decor? On the Spirit everything was in silver and golds and the designs on the atrium, halls, & buffet wallpapers were ethereal - angels or spiritlike drawings. On the Legend it was a blacks and browns with medieval or renaissance depictions. How about the Miracle?

I will definitely bring a sweatshirt for on deck.

So tell me besides the color pink, what is the theme of the decor? On the Spirit everything was in silver and golds and the designs on the atrium, halls, & buffet wallpapers were ethereal - angels or spiritlike drawings. On the Legend it was a blacks and browns with medieval or renaissance depictions. How about the Miracle?

The theme of the dining room is Bacchus the God of Wine, hence all the grapes. It's not pink anymore in the dining room, it's purple now. The main show lounge is supposed to be phantom of the opera but it had other things mixed in. I wasn't crazy about the decor in there, although it didn't bother me.

I have also been on the Legend and IMO the Miracle is brighter and nicer.

Wow just read thought all the posts on this thread. Very useful infomation here. We were a little reluctant to book on a smaller ship as we like the Destiny Class ships. We booked at Cat 11 wrap around on the Empress Deck do you think we will feel much movement? :confused: This is our first Suite and we are so excited about this trip:D

Wow just read thought all the posts on this thread. Very useful infomation here. We were a little reluctant to book on a smaller ship as we like the Destiny Class ships. We booked at Cat 11 wrap around on the Empress Deck do you think we will feel much movement? :confused: This is our first Suite and we are so excited about this trip:D

No movement...you are going to LOVE that aft wrap and be SPOILED FOREVER. I would NEVER cruise in a "regular balcony cabin" again!!! (time out to stick my nose in the air lol) It is a LONG WALK "home" but just an excuse for a 2nd chocolate melting cake! :p

Sandi, did you ever think this Miracle thread would ever turn into the monster it became when you started it?

Great ship, Rock on Girl!!

Nope, never thought it would turn this big, but I'm glad it did. It's a very helpful thread for people.

The Miracle is a wonderful ship. :D

Nope, never thought it would turn this big, but I'm glad it did. It's a very helpful thread for people.

The Miracle is a wonderful ship. :D

Sandi;

I shake my head every day when I log on and there is an e-mail from CC notifying me of a new post in the "All Things Miracle" thread! It is like the Energizer Bunny <LOL>

Thanks for starting it. I think it has helped a lot of people. :)

Thanks to Sandi and everyone else with all the info on the Miracle!!!:) :)

We are cruising with Carnival for the 1st time with our family--3 cabins worth!! We have cruised previously with Celebrity (1x) and RCL (5x). I was a bit nervous with the reputation of a party boat and not as nice decor, food not being as good (anything is better than cooking it myself as far as I am concerned!!) We booked obstructed view balconies to save some money and I have agonized over that for 7 months. You all have put my mind at ease and I know we will have a wonderful cruise!!!!!:D Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

Thanks to Sandi and everyone else with all the info on the Miracle!!!:) :)

We are cruising with Carnival for the 1st time with our family--3 cabins worth!! We have cruised previously with Celebrity (1x) and RCL (5x). I was a bit nervous with the reputation of a party boat and not as nice decor, food not being as good (anything is better than cooking it myself as far as I am concerned!!) We booked obstructed view balconies to save some money and I have agonized over that for 7 months. You all have put my mind at ease and I know we will have a wonderful cruise!!!!!:D Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

I can't speak for the other ships, but our cruise on the Miracle, the average ages was 40-70. Definitely not a party boat. :p

You are going to love it. :D

Thanks for the info. Doesn't sound promising on the piano bar. The piano player on the Legend was so bad it was like part of the ship was removed from our cruise. Really, really awful.:eek:

I heard Buster is now gone from the piano bar and a new guy Jason is there. The reviews for him aren't so hot. Everything with the Miracle is perfect, except for the piano bar.

I was on the Mircle in March 2008 and both Music Unlimited and Jason Davis (Piano Bar Musician) were amazing! "Ticket to Ride" (Beatles Show) was a lot of fun!

Archived